Dex-chan lover
@Vincentius @midoriha

I don't mind the flashbacks, I just wish they were more useful to the story... I guess I don't understand putting them after the demon dies.

imo it'd be more interesting if they were introduced long before the demons were killed.

Like often in manga the pattern is "strong enemy appears - flashback of why he's bad - he dies"

Here the pattern is "strong enemy appears - he dies - flashback to why he was bad"

But if we were like... "Strong enemy appears - flashback to past - enemy in present doing bad things - flashback to past - enemy in present doing bad things - flashback to past - nuanced, sympathetic bad guy dies, audience appropriately has mixed emotions" - I think that would be a better story.

I find all the flashback stuff interesting and am glad to read it, I just think it's in the wrong place in the story.

Dex-chan lover
I wish they'd been able to be happy together. Breaks my heart.

Dex-chan lover
When your little brother has more love towards your mother, and willing to support her in all ways, that would spark disgust and jealousy to the ignorant.

Yoriichi had more heart than his desiring brother.

We need these flashbacks to understand why they are who they are, and why becoming a demon is more pleasing.

Double-page supporter
The flashbacks are important, and while it does make sense to have them now, the whole life flashing before your eyes thing and is better than that stupid shit where a manga immediately has a flashback before death, there probably are better ways to insert them. Always happening immediately after death, and largely giving context instead of function is kind wonky. I'd be less averse, not that it bugs me too much, if these came into significant play later.

@LysandersTreason @Yautja
With this series it's always been this way this style of having the flashbacks after death is something they have done from the get go. It's only important to feel sympathy for them after they are dead because they still killed X amount of people.
Another reason is many series do it that way and this results in the predictable death flag being raised on the enemy making a series to easy to figure out. With the flag after death, the reader doesn't see the death coming.
Many series i've read we get the hero fighting the villains, queue villain getting a flashback which then is shortly followed by death.

Double-page supporter
Well of course people don't have flashback while taking a dump

Dex-chan lover
@legendaryswordsman

yes, I'm aware that this series always does it this way. I also think that it's always in the wrong place for the story. I mean obviously these flashbacks are only for the reader, since they go unseen and unnoticed by Tanjiro and crew.

So basically none of these flashbacks advance the story or contribute to the growth of the characters.

I also agree that many times we get 'hero fights villain, flashback, villain dies' (which is what I just said in my previous post), but again, that's no good either. It does smack of obvious death flags, and i do like how the author is willing to sacrifice important characters, but I still think the way it's being handled could be better.

Obviously the good guys won't always be aware of the complicated backstory of their enemies. But I think it's a slightly lesser story because of it. A lot of life lessons learned too late and passed on to no one.

*do everything to not usurp the status norm and ruin your older brothers life*

*older brother still hates everything about you*

Bruh

Aggregator gang
Why no one in this manga had a good past? I bet Muzan will be the darkest among them.

Hopefully this flashback leads into unveiling the secrets behind the breath of the sun and moon technique and UM1 passes this onto a pillar before he completely disintegrates. They will definitely need it when going up against Muzan

everyone complained about the lack of backstory rengoku had when he died, and now that a character is getting some backstory, everyone is complaining about it.
cool.

No flashbacks for characters = UnDeRdEvElOpEd cHaRacTerS rEeEeEEE~!
Has flashbacks = tHiS iS bOrIng aNd DoEsn'T aDvaNcE tHe StOrY cAuSE TaNjIrO aNd GaNg WoN'T kNoW iT AnYwAyS ReEeEeEEE~!

Just summarizing some of the comments.

Have a nice day people~! 😀

@Procot Muzan's backstory has already been explained. He was sickly and had a doctor work on him, only for that doctor telling him he doesn't have that long to live. Muzan killed him, but noticed that the doctor did something to him, having the Muzan we know now.

Love the character development even after death. Quit bitching about nothing. Just read and STFU!

Warning! Complainers alert as per usual in the comments waaay below :/

This was a really good chapter. It's kind of impressive to build a character (Yorichi) so quickly.

I don't exactly have complaints about the chapter, but seeing this manga reach that state of popularity where people can't take any kind of criticism is pretty damn sad. Yikes.

Users who are viewing this thread