Aggregator gang
He is the embodient of glorified petty. But i feel you bro... im petty too... u_u

Dex-chan lover
Right in all the feels.
Poor Koku, I can't even blame him that much considering Yorichii was a literal Sword Saint.
He could never get over such ugly emotions and let them dominate his whole life, all for nothing. Even his Breath's name was but another showing of his massive inferiority complex towards Yoriichi.

Dex-chan lover
"Every swordsman who knew the breath of the sun's forms was utterly massacred by that man..."
This might be why Muzan personally targeted the Kamado Household. Watched the anime and noted the detail that Tanjirou smelled Muzan's scent and identified it as the same at his home. Confirmed on Chapter 13 as well.
That, or it really could just be pure coincidence that the kamado household was targeted.

Dex-chan lover
Now I'm curious on why the Kamado clan was chosen, what traits does it need in order to practice the breath of the sun?

Dex-chan lover
Oof, that chapter hits hard.
Loved how the entire chapter was just the character thoughts and how amazing it was.

Dex-chan lover
@relic626 Probably. I just found it initially surprising that Muzan himself would go so far as to attack a coal burner family. And until now, I didn't exactly get any hard confirmation.

Dex-chan lover
This is all I'm going to say: https://mobile.twitter.com/quz7xy/status/1182662386643357700

@MelReinH - It actually has to do with the earings Tanjiro is currently wearing. Besides just targeting anyone who used the Breath of the Sun forms, Yoriichi was also wearing the hanafuda earings throughout his life but he didn't actually have them during the final battle with his brother so after finding that out Muzen might have believed that Yoriichi finally found a true successor to inherit both his sword forms and his earings. Hence, if he by chance, learned of a family where a child was wearing the hanafuda earings then, of course, he would immediately go slaughter them. ^_^;

Dex-chan lover
I saw a lot of people hating on UM1 as if he was some good guy that was meant to have a soppy backstory. Instead for me, I see a decent villain who was a bitter and jealous soul driven to extremes by his own negative emotions. UM1 wanted to become someone great but couldn’t step out of the shadow of the anomaly that was his brother. And in the end, we see he valued his brother even if he hated every fiber of yorichi, hence why he held on to the flute because to him it became his “it’s like you’re with me brother” thing.

Users who are viewing this thread