Ryuki really didn't take the lesson he got to heart, and so, earth crouching dragon fails yet again!

Dex-chan lover
page 3 : why there are 2 referees , 1 male and 1 female ? because the female one doesnt want to touch the male fighters ?

Fed-Kun's army
@greatninja3 I know, but first, she is not a sinner but a relative of a sinner, and second, she is the only exception so far. Makes me think if Akoya does not somewhat love her in the same way she loves him in her own twisted way, as she is the only person he listens to and somewhat stops him from killing on the matches on Kengan Ashura. Akoya was never someone to plan ahead.

Dex-chan lover
@Abetillo For him she is a sinner,it was mentioned that he’ll even kill the family members of criminals, plus the whole Kengan organisation is also an exception as long as he can use it for justice he will use it I mean a lot of people would be dead if he won the kengan tournament.

Fed-Kun's army
@greatninja3
plus the whole Kengan organisation is also an exception as long as he can use it for justice he will use it I mean a lot of people would be dead if he won the kengan tournament.

This has never appeared on the series.

Dex-chan lover
@Abetillo I mean they did use the Kengan association to gather info of people they can kill and they did kill members of the association for trying to stop their plans, and killing members are not allowed, at chapter 125 as long as the association isn’t stopping them nobody dies and they are using the association for their goal. So you can just imagine how much more people they’d be killing if they won the tournament. It would be a lot easier to kill the opposition if the control everything.

They better not make Akoya lose this match. It's already a huge fuckload of bullshit how he lost to Imai in Kengan Ashura. He's actually one of the strongest, maybe even top 5, of all the fighters and He does NOT deserve to lose second time.

Also,i i love how the the Death aura around Ryuuki and Akoya is depicted. That was unnerving and beautifully artful

@0takuDragonSlayer
Maybe calling him in the top 5 is a bit much cuz i just remember there are at least 5 fighters who are very likely/clearly stronger than him.

The point is, he should have advanced further,or at least not stopped by Imai. It's simply something the author pulled to make things easier for Ohma.

Dex-chan lover
Akoya isn't even in the top ten lol, and would have been a much more conventional and easier fight for Ohma than Cosmo lol. People are just salty that Cosmo had his number.

Akoya was fast but he didn't have Foresight, and Cosmo was much more threatening with his submissions.

@Sigilbreaker26

https://mangadex.org/chapter/452071/4

You look at this and you tell me, with only common senses, no bias or fanboyism in the way, who would be the easier fight for Ohma? The guy with only one eye patch and not even a dirt on his clothes, or the guy with wraps all over his body and couldnt even stand he had to be carried?

Imai is the better opponent for Ohma only because he's the one Ohma can win without taking severe injuries. Plot-wise, this makes sense. Ohma got beaten within an inch of his life in his previous match with Raian. And he would be facing Wakatsuki in the next one and will get another severe beatings again. If he faced Akoya, that makes 3 matches he will be beaten to near death, IN A ROW. No matter how much plot armor the author gives him, it would NOT make sense for Ohma to even be able to walk up to the stadium to fight Gensai.

As for Imai vs Akoya, I will not use the word " Asspull" because people were way too liberal with it. It's more like Deus Ex Machina. It's similar to how Kure Raian lost against Ohma. These are the only two matches in the whole Kengan Asura series that rely heavily on Deus Ex Machina. The good guy was getting stomped and received enough damages he shouldnt even be able to move his fingers, let alone throwing punch, kicks or hold a lock tightly on a big guy. For some same reasons, the bad guy decide to play around rather than finish the match. BAM. Flashback, remember someone said something. BAM. power-ups out of nowhere. BAM. Opportunity popped up and BAM the bad guy is defeated. At least in Raian's case, it makes more sense since he abused his Removal, burn his stamina and screwed himself as the result. I will also give Imai credits that he saw one opportunity and he made good use of it. Doesnt change the fact that Akoya was way stronger and should have won that.

And YES Akoya is definitely within top 10. I dont see anyone else actually stronger than him besides Ohma (by the end), Gaolang, Gensai, Fang, Hatsumi, Julius Reihold, Muteba, and Raian

I get it. Akoya is not well-liked. Heck, i dont even like him. His character is cliche, his fighting style is boring, his berserker/killer mode is nothing new and for the love of God he wont ever stop with his annoying BS about justice this , justice that. Matter of fact, i would love to have him face people like Fang, Gaolang or Gensai so those people can beat his face in, dislocate his jaws so he wont be able to spit out another justtice nonsense. But credits gotta be given where it's due. And i simply see that he deserves better.

Dex-chan lover
@pepsioverdose The Cosmo that Ohma fought was a bigger threat to him than Akoya would have been, because of Foresight. That's how good Foresight is. Ohma probably would have taken more damage against Akoya but against Cosmo he was in more danger of losing the match.

And no, Akoya is not in the top ten:

1. Gensai
2. Fang
3. Ohma
4. Waka
5. Hatsumi
6. Julius
7. Raian
8. Kiryu
9. Bando
10. Rei
11. Gaolang
12. Muteba
13. Okubo
14. Cosmo
15. Saw Paing
16. Seki

These are all people who are stronger than Akoya. Maybe you could make a case for him beating Seki. But I don't see him beating any of the others.

Dex-chan lover
@Sigilbreaker26
EXACTLY! Cosmo was more dangerous because one slip-up meant getting choked out and losing in literally 10 seconds. With Mr Dirty Harry syndrome over here at least you have the option of screwing up a couple of times before losing. Even if he did beat Cosmo he would have to find a way around an Ohma that was focusing nearly 80% on technique and 20% brute force. Not to mention demonsbane potentially popping up during that match.

Dex-chan lover
Wow akoya really changed normally he'll be like I'm justice you are evil but now was like I'm evil and you are evil even though he still justice maniac as alway

Users who are viewing this thread