@XL if you're after the plot tjen go read web comic by One, it goes well beyond this part
This is just Murata-sensei's visual representation of the story
For me his work is worth waiting for

I own the Japanese versions. Of vol 18 to 20...sonit is nice to see a translation as I am not rebuying the English translations.

Dex-chan lover
And the trouncing continues. If that dumbass had a sense of direction, Saitama could have saved at least one of them.
I also guess that robot society and 'God' are greater scope villains in all this.

I found a telegram bot @MangaPushBot. Useful for the notification system. Maybe it can interest someone

80% about other heroes and 20% about saitama. I say the title should be appropriately changed to "Side Kicks Heroes Stories".

Group Leader
so weird seeing the s class heroes back when they were c and b class but i guess they changed up the rules a bit so someone like Saitama cant rise to s class on just power.

Supporter
@chrispower110 Except that is the opposite of what this chapter says.
I'm calling so much bs on Saitama's C-rank rating after breaking every record in the physical training categories.
But it was needed for the plot I guess.

Dex-chan lover
I suppose this is a chapter (half info dump) to demonstrate how much of a big deal is to be an S class in preparation for what's to come
a huge ass beating

Group Leader
*Elhao not exactly i meant alot of Saitama accomplishments were either taken by king or the public still seeing him as someone who steals credit from other heroes so maybe the associate keeps him from going s class under those conditions.

So they HAD a system in place to identify S class heroes when they were lower in rank and promote them accordingly. So what has changed? I'm guessing the issue comes down to Sweet Mask. He holds so much sway over the organization that he inhibits the proper identification and promotion of worthy heroes, just because they don't fit his personal image of a hero.

Dex-chan lover
@hillerj No, it rewarded hard work more than natural talent. Anyone who has been to a public school in 'murica would know there was always that one extremely lazy, extremely smart kid who never studied and got straight B's, while midwits with a lot of tolerance for doing schoolwork had a higher GPA. The smart, lazy kid would go on to be someone like Bill Gates, who drops out of college to pursue their profession because they'd never get the recognition they deserved by staying in a system that rewards hard work instead of raw talent.

The idea being that Silverfang, WDM, Pig God, Darkshine, etc don't have the time or patience to keep cracking away at monsters and objectives like someone like Sweet Mask or Mumen Rider, who would inevitably outrank them. Sweet Mask is indeed strong, but I would say he's the only one in the A-class that even remotely compares to an S-class hero. In the prior system, Darkshine would've been rated lower than Mumen Rider because he's slower and doesn't go out of his way to solve crimes. The S-class designation is

No way, the opponents this time are-... Important messages for Reddit users!

Dex-chan lover
Discord, again. It's like regressing back to mIRC days of following individual scanlator channels.

@hillerj Basically, the S class is insane. They don't follow rules, so the rules follow them. They don't care about ranks so are instead given the rank in a golden platter, like with Genos. Remember the association was searching for him before he even registered.

Sweetmask fits S rank criteria more but stays as A rank cause he's a special nut case. The next in the ladder, the 3 students of Atomic Samurai are all examples of the normal hero ranking system.

Users who are viewing this thread