@0takuDragonSlayer

[the following rhetorical questions are specifically designated toward you, but just answering your questions]

Would you also complain about the quality of a bootleg copy of a movie you torrented? Yeah, don't complain if it's free. Seems the phrase "beggars can't be choosers" fits well with the scanlating world. Or "you get what you pay for," which, in this case, is quite a bit considering most of us pay nothing.

Or are you talking about quality of the original piece? In which case, buy it and then complain to the author that it's not living up to standards. Or buy it, rate it poorly, and watch it get axed if enough people agree with you for a period of time.

Group Leader
Eat shit and die with copyright takedowns.
In the first place it's thanks to scanlations that mangas are still so popular in late 2019.

When are we gonna realize we gotta start turning into the dark web and encryption to keep our rights on this fucking internet ?

I don’t know anything about Fairy Tail. We’re able to read this manga for free instead of having to buy it and people complain about it when it’s also based on the webcomic. I can get being upset if it drags on too much but it just annoys me to see the comments full of people complaining about the same thing

Dex-chan lover
@xCrimsonDiavolox
Consider yourself lucky, that shit was horrible.
But more to the point, being free doesn't mean you get a free pass
Personally, I've had no issues with how the OPM manga has been doing as of late
So far the art, fight scenes, world building, character development and pacing are all still solid.
However, it's ridiculous to expect everyone to suck this manga's dick without question
There are always going to be people the author can't satisfy. That's built into the business at this point.
If the author let minor shit like that get to him he'd go insane. So why care when the majority of this fan base 100% likes what it's getting?

Dex-chan lover
@xiaoyueyue
Yeah no, if countless other artists are willing to give it their all despite doing this shit for free theres no real excuse for others to knowingly pump out shit quality

@OtakuDragonSlayer,

I just saw a HUGE typo in my last comment. That was supposed to read "aren't specifically designated toward you."

But in regards to doing it for free and quality, what determines bad quality? Take Fairy Tail. That series went on for how long? Obviously more people found it to be good quality than those who found it to be trash. I agree that if you're paying somebody for a task, they better do their best and if you're doing a task for free, put your all into it anyway. Be passionate about it, or what's the point? Just to fill the time?

I agree with your reply to Crimson. The majority is fine with it. The complaints of the few will be tossed off. But they may hold more weight with One if we purchased his material instead of reading it on some random free site translated by amateur fans for fun. While we can complain about whatever, if you didn't pay for it, whoever produced it simply won't care. You're just another hater. More noise in the web. But as soon as you put money down, your opinion actually means something to the maker. And if it doesn't, then they get canned.

Users who are viewing this thread