Dex-chan lover
@kuma

Oh, right. Forgot about that factor. Mainly its because I'm focused on life, not people shamming others because those people are utterly powerless in the face of immortality..

Fed-Kun's army
why on earth would you kick out of your organization the one man who came closest to killing the bad guy??? like, really?? none of you mofos killed him either, at least he got close!!! wtf (also nnnnnooo tamayoooo) i hope yoriichi got some peace aslkadsklj this is so sad wtf

thank you very much for the update~

Dex-chan lover
Looks like its pulling a Naruto now, lol.

You are stronk cause your dad is the stronkest, now hit bad guy over head.

Dex-chan lover
@Azure2290 As much as I can agree with you, it's at least not as bad as Naruto yet in that regard. For a Shounen, this series stays pretty grounded and we may even come to a satisfying end and are only at chapter 187. It does have the same tropes as Naruto (and most Shounen), but it's at least only dragging in a sensible length atm.

Is Yoriichi even related to tanjiro? I assume the baby he held at the end is Tanjiro's ancestor right since his family got murdered by demons.

@solonit @muteprophet8726 im talking about the fight, yorichi just told the ancestor about ii, the ancestor didnt actually see the fight. So, Tanjirou shouldnt be able to see the breath technique he used

@Azapuela Tanjirou didn't see it, just us the readers. He also said he wanted to ask more about it but he couldn't.

Double-page supporter
This man has carried so much guilt for so long... I can't even begin to believe what a hell his life must have been like.

Rest in peace, man! Let's those who are responsible for the present get the job done!

can we appreciate the fact that kyoujurou's ancestor tried his darn best to defend yoriichi the same way kyoujurou defended tanjiro?

it all comes to a full circle

Dex-chan lover
@AppleJinx Nope, not at all. The Kamado Family's ancestors, Sumiyoshi and Suyako, were merely saved by Yoriichi, who also gifted his earrings and adapted his Breath of the Sun as the Dance of the Fire God for them.

So rejoice, there is nothing special about Tanjirou at all. No privileged lineage, no unique powers aside from his sense of smell, and every hint that suggested he's "special" are merely misdirection from the author; he is but a completely normal country bumpkin who became as strong as he is by sheer hard work and devotion to his family.

---

I concur that it would have been illogical for Yoriichi to be put to death, but let's recap their reasoning:

[ol]Muzan escaped - if Yoriichi didn't bother to ask him a whole load of stuff (see Ch 81 for what's likely the full transcript, that probably took at least 15 seconds), he might've finished him off right then and there?

He let Tamayo go - this completely goes against the mission of the Demon Slayer Corps. We know that she turned out well, but was unprecedented at the time. What if she'll eventually kill again?

Michikatsu became a Demon - this is arguably the most serious. It was the Sengoku Period, betrayal is a heavy, heavy crime for Samurai, atop of becoming a mass murderer. It is not rare for the family to be punished for the heavy crimes of one of their members.

Their members died from the Mark - recall from Ch 178 that many hunters ended up dying after they attained the Mark. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of them blamed Yoriichi to introducing Breathing into their regiment[/ol]

While I definitely don't think Yoriichi deserves death, I can't blame them for being unhappy

So I guess with this chapter we know how to kill muzan now.... You gotta put him in a blender lol. Every last piece of him must be destroyed or he'll regenerate. Oof, poor Yoruichi crying over the child was so depressing considering how he lost his wife and child. For a guy that barely emotes on his face, you can really see just how painful this loss and all the events of his life was.

Dex-chan lover
Yoriichi gave enough hint about last technique already. He didn't create it beforehand, he completed it when facing Muzan. So now it's Nezuko's job to lift her brother's ass up and throw him into battle again.

Dex-chan lover
So Tamayo was Yoruichi's plan to stop Muzan huh?

@Kathartes I guess but your forgetting Muzan's out he can divide his body into hundreds of chuncks and scatter them

@Roiya don't forget those chuncks are also flying away at break necks speeds scattering to the winds like fucking buck shot oh and theirs over a 1000 of them

so this guy got envied by his beloved brother, exiled out of his home to become monk, his beloved wife and child brutally murdered suddenly, managed to heavily injure the big final boss but got kicked out of his group, the last member of his family become a demon, and on his 'retirement' he spent it regretting on lives lost by the escaped muzan, and finally at his last breath he had to fight 1v1 w his beloved brother.

jeez author, give him some slack

Dex-chan lover
Huh, this guy was peerless in battle. Even Muzan was chopped liver (and other organs) before him.

Users who are viewing this thread