This looks really cool. The characters and art are both really nice, and I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Fed-Kun's army
Really well written and had a very enjoyable ending. I can see that you really put the effort on your research about photosensitive and such while keeping it easy to understand.

Great idea of thinking about the downsides of quirks - especially the the mutation quirks. I feel like those are always just subtext to activation-type quirks.

Keep it up.

Fed-Kun's army
This is marked as [END] on my side.

EDIT: It no longer shows it. Cheers!

Dex-chan lover
Blast it; they're going to /show/ her holding a cup of coffee, and not answer the obvious 'How the hell does she drink?" question?

Edit: Though I guess, the fact that she /can/ regulate temperature by panting like a dog points towards a presumed answer: Liquid that actually makes it inside her mouth is unaffected.

Aggregator gang
@mekrabbat the bigger question is how does she get it *into* her mouth past the repeller field emnating from her lips in the first place...

On another note it should be "fateful day" there at the end, "faithful" means something completely different. 🤨

Dex-chan lover
@mekrabbat yeah I thought so too, that her quirk must be around her epidermis cape and not all her body outside and inside, or well a cape covering her body like an aura ... but if she opens her mouth there's a hole.

Ch2 really takes thing to another level! I really loved the inconvenience of quirks talks, I think it's the main issue of why villains are born, like Toga in the anime... Who wants a hero who literally takes blood and feels the urge to consume it like an instinct? was she bad all the time? I don't think so... But she was judged to be bad by her parents and everyone, some quirks are very inconvenient, the main manga doesn't really takes that seriously, X men does sometimes, it's impossible to adapt equipment for every single quirk and it must be expensive too.

Plus there's the family issue, so it's making this story go from just fanfiction to something really serious that works... So, it's great! plus I like the girls hahaha

Dex-chan lover
@Serenata That would explain why she uses both the mask and the snorkel, instead of just the snorkel: Need to keep brackish creek water out of eyes and nostrils, as well as mouth.

Dex-chan lover
this is by far one of the most interesting world-building story from a fanmade manga I've seen in a while

Dex-chan lover
Let me just say this...

THIS IS F'KING AWESOME!!!

Keep at it, we would love to see more of this.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Aggregator gang
Shimizu's rant about "unfairness" would be more convincing if not for the blunt fact that no amount of "equipement and training" would turn their abilities into anything more than niche and pedestrian applications at best - her own being literally worse than useless. (If it repelled *fluids* rather than just *water* it'd have use working with hazardous chemicals for ex.) Katsuko's natural night vision is basically just (considerable) more convenient set of built-in NV goggles - neat but not actually terribly necessary or widely applicable. Could be useful for eg. certain types of nature research or surveillance/security work but that's about it, unless she fancies some kind of military or SWAT career where being able to bypass the bulky technical infra of night vision gear would indeed be quite handy. Kaori's enhanced olfactory sense is by far the most "marketable" of the lot; depending on the degree of "resolution" (and filtering out "background noise") she's capable of there's quite a few fields where a walking talking bloodhound would be in demand such as rescue (eg. tracking people lost in woods or trapped under ruins) and customs/border guard (sniffing out contraband drugs etc. or tracking people in wilderness) work just for starters.

But Superman's generic set of superhero powers they ain't no matter what you try.

Dex-chan lover
@RNDM1 The doctor does say "all forms of liquids" in his diagnosis. That said, hazardous liquid chemicals tend to also produce hazardous gases, which her quirk presumably wouldn't protect her from.

Aggregator gang
@mekrabbat mere respirator or gas mask is Hell of a less of a hassle than full hazmat suit, and less susceptible to breaches. Also funfact - several kinds of really nasty airborne chemicals aren't actually gases in normal temperatures but fine mist of tiny droplets ie. technically still liquids; most military nerve agents are like this for ex (and require a device known as "atomizer" if you want them to be anything but a puddle).

Bruh her quirk is broken asf she can "repel" the water out of your body and kill you. Bruh whatchu mean garbo quirk

Users who are viewing this thread