so saitama's apartment was destroyed...

we already saw saitama's serious series..

now wait for his rage series.. if he have one..

Imagine being one of the dumb fucks that complains about this manga. It’s a fucking masterpiece. If you don’t like it or find it boring go read something else, no ones forcing you to comeback.

Dex-chan lover
@uwubruh
The comedy was always at the forefront. The freaking term is One Punch Man, the setups became even more complex to have proper characterization, with the Monster Asoc arc ending with joking on Power Creep, which was represented by Garou.

at this point the manga has become mainly focused on the battles, not on the character moments, not on the joke, not on development.

What was a 1 chapter fight in the webcomic has now devolved into a 10 chapter confrontation between tatsu and psykos.

The manga has become everything the webcomic mocked.

Dex-chan lover
I think you guys @Boag and @uwubruh are missing something important.

in the webcomic, anything thats related directly with Saitama (I mean he involved directly with him being right there) is a gag manga. But when he's not there it's fucking serious. Plotwise and "batlish" too. Just remember, when all the cadres where fighting the S class heroes they all depicted hard fights. The same can be applied now, the plot in the webcomic has always been a good one imo, but it's always "ruined" when Saitama makes a direct apperaance, and that's the deal with this manga... It doens't revolve around Saitama (coz otherwise is a joke) the main plot (or subplot w/e) it's side characters deal with the issues in this world.

Saitama doen't have a good story at all, he's a joke character, the ones moving the story are the numerous side characters.

Considering that, the Murata version goes even further expanding even more the history behind side characters

Dex-chan lover
@Rasz
i agree with you that the driving force behind saitama is the joke.
but he also builds the character moments.
king got his development because he interacted with Saitama, the most recent was tatsu learning to let her sister go when she was having her "discussion with saitama"
Overall Saitamas greatest feat has been helping the other characters move on from their issues.

The fights, have been overhyped as hell as well, but none in the webcomic have gone on for more than 2 chapters, this includes the Garou fight, which is the longest one in the entire webcomic.

The manga on the other hand, has shifted its entire focus around the fights, its gotten to the point of were most of the point for a fight is lost, specially because we all know whats coming next.

I again point out this current fight between Tatsu and Psykos.

In the webcomic Tatsu overcame Psykos like a joke, and it took Black Sperm, Homeless Emperor and ENW to bring her down, what is the manga going to do now, that they already pushed Tatsu beyond her limit? the 3 coming in now will lose all its meaning.

Fed-Kun's army
@Sniter How is the pacing bad? The story progression may be more gradual, but it's dense and flows well.

I'm just going to give Saitama's apartment a temporary place beside Kharak in the hall of places that makes our eyes leak and turn on Agnus Dei for a bit.

As an aside, I wonder how much of their psychic powers those sisters waste on their appearance. No way a dress is tight enough to hug your belly button without some sort of mental mindfuckery assisting it.

Bang and Bomb are desperately trying to think about math or baseball in the second panel.

@swordmaster2551 the usual typesetter Vib was sick so the substitute typesetter (a fellow PM zealot) used the opportunity to spread propaganda about our lord and savior Phoenix Man

@boag
The comedy was always at the forefront.
Not really. Several moments in the series where it takes a break from laughs to develop the story. The newest webcomic chapters as examples. There was like maybe one or two gags in between all the exposition regarding the
Neo-Hero Association
at this point the manga has become mainly focused on the battles, not on the character moments, not on the joke, not on development.
False. Garou had more interaction with Tareo than in the webcomic along with some small dialogue here and there to make him more sympathetic as a character. Sweet Mask had some small characters moments added. The connection between Drive Knight and Bofoi was expanded upon even further in the adaption. There was also more humorous antics included between Flash and Saitama.
What was a 1 chapter fight in the webcomic has now devolved into a 10 chapter confrontation between tatsu and psykos.
Quite an exaggeration. 3 chapters while switching in between Saitama and Flash, Garou and Darkshine, King and Tareo. With some extra scenes in the lifting of the base to mesh in some parts of the continuity.
with the Monster Asoc arc ending with joking on Power Creep, which was represented by Garou.
Garou's character doesn't revolve around "power creep", at least not in the mocking sense. If you're referring to point towards the end
of his battle with Saitama of him constantly transforming. That's a really a gag mocking power creep. It exhibits his pathetic desperation in trying to take down an unstoppable force like Saitama.
The manga has become everything the webcomic mocked.
Once again, hardly any of the gags in the series have to do with parodying battle manga tropes and that's not the story's purpose. That misinterpretation largely came from English speaking audiences at the height of the series popularity and it somehow stuck. From ONE himself.
WSJ: What inspired you to draw a bald average looking superhero like Saitama?
ONE: The world is full of cool looking heroes, so I didn't think that was something I wanted to write about. Plus, I believe that heroes coolness comes from their spirit and not their looks. I don't think how a hero looks is that important.

Where did you get your ideas?
ONE: To start with I simply tried to draw the sort of manga I’d want to read myself. I’ve read loads of Shonen manga throughout my life, and am particularly fond of battle manga. Generally speaking those types of stories are all about growth, meaning that by the last chapter the main character has grown stronger than anyone else and lives happily ever after. So I wondered what would happen if I started the story off with the main character already in peak condition. That became my jumping-off point.
ONE: I also love it when a series creates friction between drama and humor. With One-Punch Man I wanted to try doing that through the worldview itself, rather than through specific plot points. The series is set in a dangerous, monster-infested world, but since Saitama’s there you don’t really notice just how bleak the world is. I think it’s that friction between Saitama and the rest of the world that makes things interesting.

You can see that he did come up with the premise by taking an interesting spin off of a typical battle manga set up. But nothing in his intent when creating the series mentions making a joke of, poking fun at, or parodying battle manga cliches. He brings up liking stories with a noticeable contrast between comedy and drama. A lot of jokes are derived from that contrast, especially in the form of Saitama being alongside more serious characters, be it through dialogue or in the midst of action. I do think there are some issues regarding some changes made to the story in the manga adaption, but none of it has anything to do with them being a betrayal to the story's premise.

Users who are viewing this thread