86 -Eighty Six-

Dex-chan lover
looks interesting, the translation is good, but the english side is a tad awkward tbh, I would suggest a proof reader just to smooth out a few wrinkles. It normally wouldnt be an issue but it can be a little tough for a scifi manga since we are trying to understand the setting and the plot at the same time and theres so many explanations being thrown around...

If anyone is interested, you can read the LN translation of this on Hellpings website.

Dex-chan lover
This is an insignificant nitpick but those things they pilot is a tad too impractical. Are these drones impervious to artillery barrage? What about ballistic missile attacks? Surely they have something for bombardment given their technology to communicate with these legged caskets. It may be cheap to deploy those but from a strategic standpoint it's a reactive action in fighting remnants than waging a proactive campaign against them. This seem to just be an army willing to bleed out.

Dex-chan lover
Was this the LN voted to be the one with the most anticipated manga adaptation?

Dex-chan lover
@Tamed Yep. You got that right. What a cool insight if you haven't read the novel before commenting.

Dex-chan lover
@Kllick
Oh sorry, I forgot I'm here to read novels. I look forward to their army making sense in the future.

Can someone explain what a handler is? What I think I know is that the colored people have to manually use their robots, but the whites can control then from afar. Why did the princess talk to shinn?

Dex-chan lover
@CrAziReader
To my understanding, the drones are actually manned by people with less or no rights at all. So basically, the privileged class act as handlers, and tell the pilots what they need or have to do, acting as a provider of a constant feed of battlefield intel.

So the heroine is made fun of for constantly associating with disposable lower class citizens, and her father was someone that understood how dehumanizing his country was.

Correct me if I’m wrong somewhere

Aggregator gang
I see survival in the tag...
does that mean some characters is gonna be missing on like every couple chapters??

Aggregator gang
"Coloratas" and "Albas"? Boy this setting is about some serious racist divisions. I dunno how often we see Japanese authors take colorist or ethnic racism as a serious core story conflict.

Dex-chan lover
@henkingu The manga adaptation only started sometime in 2018, and a different group just started posting chapters, publishing status is ongoing. I'd say the first group dropped it for whatever reason on their end but it's still probably going in Japan for now?

Dex-chan lover
@mismarca If you don't want to see killed comrades like in Akame ga Kill!, drop this manga at once.

The novel is epic. I bet the manga is going to be the same.

surprise this isn't being translate in English in long time. Hope someone picks it up, looks good so far.

Users who are viewing this thread