Group Leader
I'm a bit sad he's so overconfident in himself and his "technique", kinda breaks the image of this undisputed champion that seemed cooler than that.

Man i was expecting to see an ultimate epic boxing match where someone finally mess Gaolang up at his own game. The moment Gaolang got a little upperhand on him this dude just completely abandoned the Boxing that made him a Legend. If Capoeira was his trump card then he used it way too early. That was quite disappointing for me. I'm sure this is still gonna be an awesome fight but probably will turn into a Muay Thai/Boran vs Capoeira.

Welp he just activated Gaolangs trap card lol.

I have a feeling Carlos will lose now that he abandoned boxing. Carlos's main advantage was he is technically a better boxer with years more experience and i feel like Gaolangs pride to beat him in boxing would have made him stay boxing.

However, now that he's switching full-body striking, i feel like Gaolang can dominate with his Muay Thai. And I do think that Gaolang's Muay Thai should be way better cause he was known as the greatest Muay Thai fighter of all time and he has 20 years' worth of experience in that.
So unless there's another plot twist i think Carlos sealed his fate lol.

@SSJR2

Same thoughts. Switching to something other than boxing at this point is just proof that Carlos is just weaker. Muay thai is one of the best as a striking discipline and a knee strike to the body from a 90+kg fighter is definitely gonna have more impact than what this pendejo just showed us here with his reversal kick.

Supporter
Dang, I was liking Carlos so far, but now that he's gotten too arrogant you just know that he's going to lose.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah carlos will lose.

He’d get one kick and get yeeted

Also I like how Gao lang respected Kaneda enough that he’s actually copying his technique even using “checkmate” at the end lol in the back of my head I did thought that Gao lang kept contact with Kaneda and use that connection to learn prediction.

Pretty sure Gao lang would have lost if he never met Kaneda.

One of the things I love the most in Kengan is how difficult it is to predict the winner of a fight....

Dex-chan lover
legs are signicantly stronger than arms, considering medel weight, it makes sense that he would implement kicks

Mhh, Gao said as long as he can read his pattern he is fine, but capoaira is very hard to read.. combine that with this speed and you get a killer... but then again one or two connections from gap and medel is history...
I like this development and the complexity added..

Dex-chan lover
@greatninja3
He’s not copying Kaneda, though. A number of the fighters know to predict the moves of their opponent. Kaneda isn’t the first, just super specialized in it because of necessity. This was the entire reason why Gaolang was able to lock Agito into only doing boxing moves; Agito already admitted his lost in that area and tried to switch out, but Gaolang would force him into situations where boxing movements were Agito’s best choices and still countered him.

@SSJR2
I don’t think Carlos is a better boxer. He even admits as much in the end when he says Gaolang “outpunched” him. I, and at least a few others, were expecting since the beginning of this match that Carlos would beat Gaolang in punching and Gaolang would reveal he focused more in some other technique than punching because of his shattered fist. The opposite happened instead, with Agito casually mentioning that Gaolang overcame that injury and is still the best at boxing.

The hype over Carlos being a better boxer was just romanticism over him retiring before Gaolang’s time, just like the characters said last chapter. The “true” Carlos has pursued a different goal instead.

Dex-chan lover
@KeiosKod cause the two lines Gao long said are reference to Kaneda that's why I made that connection.

8.png

even followed the same thing where Kaneda thought he had a checkmate but ended up losing but in Gao long's case manage to block carlos' kick

S22.png

Users who are viewing this thread