Dex-chan lover
why the retcon? like he wanted to kill them still, it doesnt actually make him a better person just cause he got stopped by someone else. it only weakens his characterization as a psychopathic justice nut, which is kinda his whole deal

Dex-chan lover
Have we known that handsome mask's face was fake like that before? I know it was added in to this chap, but that seems like a wild thing to just throw into a redraw chap.

Aggregator gang
I thought the mask in his name indicate his two face personality and not real 'amai' mask! Lololol i'm shook

@Salfaro The current arc of the OG comic is talking about it a lot right now. They probably wanted to go back and retroactively put a hint about it in a past chapter.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit, this is literally as bad as the Han Shot First Controversy: the whole point is to show much of a POS character evolves and develops in a better person. If you take away his "POSness" this early and at this stage of his development, it literally lessons the value in the character. Who cares if a character has become more morally good if he was retconned to be as or almost as good before his final development? Even if it's just to hide his "POSness".

Was a bad idea to retconned Handsome Mask like this:

Dex-chan lover
>Tries to kill them all
>Upon waking up, thot immediately busts out the titties and tries to get him to sign "her shirt"

Fed-Kun's army
wtf this is TOTALLY different
not what I expected from a "revision"

In the webcomic, Sweet Mask turned out to be a monster with the heart of a hero, getting Saitama's approval ("You're cool."). The way this chapter was originally, that would've been somewhat of a plothole, given that slaughtering the mercenaries would've been an extremely "un-Saitama" thing to do, and would certainly have earned a face full of fist from him if he were to learn about it. With the revision, Sweet Mask's character has been revised to fit the webcomic. While manga-exclusive readers are still led to believe he's evil in disguise, he didn't actually get a chance to unequivocally show that to be the case. Instead, we get to see him struggle with his monster urges, which he fully admitted was the case to Saitama.

Users who are viewing this thread