I mean I can understand her pov bc she’s from earth and a teacher at a daycare center at that but she has to understand this novel is not like the earth, the duke and ain are open to much more risks and will be even more in the future so they have to prepare themselves. If their opponents learn about him not being vaccinated to poison, they will likely try to poison him.

@booppp nah I don’t it will go that way, it’s just the first time he’s been ever loved. It seems to be a mother-son love on both sides.

Bitch! Dare to call me wife? U fking a$$hole! You damn psycho! - I'm speaking on her behalf~

She pretty much got no right to question the Duke on Ain's education even if the child has to be poisoned to be immuned to it for future circumstances... For god sake... She too might never know when the enemies gonna poison her too.... If its a Family tradition. She cant and shouldnt be doing anything abt it. Except being by Ain's side.... Sighhh understandable that she came from orphan. But she got no place to tell the Duke off ...

Yeah, she's full blown annoying! She's projecting her lifestyle onto theirs. I literally skipped to the end of the chapter, I can't be bothered with her anymore.

Dex-chan lover
... so, Ain is the villain of the novel. A villain with "no weaknesses". How did he get defeated in the original, I wonder.

More importantly, there's no way this isn't coming back to bite later. He now has 2 weaknesses.

Also, I can't help but think that this is the sort of family dynamics that gave birth to Freud's child development theories, what with a burgeoning Oedipus complex and a father vicious enough that fear of castration almost seems reasonable.

@Asean makes me curious what the general tone of the novel was that she can't recognize the necessity of this training. She also has no idea that the house has literally been under attack since she "arrived".

Family, and other types, traditions can be awful and wrong. So I don't think that's a reason for her to shut up and sit down. but it should be an informed decision and frankly, other than what she's read of the novel, which she has specifically said didn't cover any of the Chase family circumstances, she doesn't know jack.

I feel that the household is just toying her thus all her effort is already in vain bc despite forcing her antics. Ain already have villainous thoughts and lifestyle that his father can't even control him already. Ain might follow her as mother but will still be doing bad stuffs when she's not looking.

But at least she did something good to make the kid feel the warm and love. Despite her ignorance, she is trying to stop what she thought is violent for the kid.

Fed-Kun's army
This is a problem and Duke probably realizes that too. The reality is, the training is mandatory in their situation, they are nobles in a world of violent political action, Ains NEEDS this harsh training because if he DOES have weaknesses only will it be explicated, he'd be an easy target to remove, her idealist self will only cause the kid to become weak resulting in a tragic death.

Now I hope the duke tells her off and much less she didn't even share an ounce of sympathy realizing the duke also went through that training. The female lead has lost a lot of respect from me.

Dex-chan lover
lmao
I saw some fun comments telling how MC shouldn't have a word on Ain's education because it's cruel isn't her problem.
Yet I saw those very users getting angry at the strict upbringing on other series.
The only difference is the parents weren't good looking there.

Sigh, just wait for the upcoming chapter, it gets solved quickly.

@icarushector.... Idk what u want me to respond... But since she just came into the NOVEL's world. She should have at least gotten a few knowledgeable info from the BOOK that she'd read. And if she wanted to change the villain's life. There are a few things that she must take note of. Also even if the house has/had been under attack/ed. One must never lower down their guard. So strict education is a must for the successor.... And the past "her" infact told the duke from the start that "she" doesnt want to get involved...

@Asean I agree in the sense that she doesn't have much of a place to complain about Ain's education as I'm assuming it's already been a while since he started and it is a family tradition after all. That's not to say that they'd be continuing the cruel education because it's a tradition, as there's likely to be reasons why Ain needs to go through such education, as evidenced by what little has been exposed of the duke's enemies (and their designs on the family's lives).

However, from the perspective of an ordinary woman from modern-day Earth, I can't really blame Roselia for attempting to put a stop to the cruelty and speaking up about it. In fact, it'd be more bewildering had she kept quiet about it, given how innocently she seems to look at everything. I hope that Roselia and the duke have an honest conversation about the deeper reasoning behind Ain's education, and I also hope that both would be willing to perhaps compromise with each other.

Dex-chan lover
Well, this'll be a problem. His lineage has many enemies and if he doesn't grow an immunity he'll most likely be killed in the future. I hope she isn't all bark and no bite, I hope she does something to get rid of his enemies and stop all future troubles.

...oh but she knows the future, so I guess she does kinda have a chance at achieving what they couldn't. Plus, Ain was supposed to die in the future anyway so this might be a better path for him regardless.

@commonelk. Sure they had to sit down and talk abt all the traditions and educations and such. But worse comes to worse if she doesnt understand a single thing from the dukes pov. It would be meaningless to have a talk with the innocent earth reality lady.... But i do understand what u mean. No worries

Fed-Kun's army
I think it might have been a bad idea to interfere, actually.
What the duke said is true, if he doesn't get accustomed to poison that's going to be a serious vulnerability in the future. It might be seen as cruel from the perspective of a normal person, but remember that this is the future duke and he's going to have a lot of enemies after his life. If she really cared about him, she'd want him to be stronger. It's not abuse, it's just practical.
She needs to understand that this is not her world and that her son is not a normal person.

Users who are viewing this thread