This chapter was kinda meh...Felt all over the place.

Also, that nickel person in the credits looks so funny. like, my god, i've never met anyone that funny in all my life.

Dex-chan lover
This is a really weird dynamic between them for a relationship. Not saying it can't happen, but it is so unusual that it does seem incredulous.

I guess there's a couple yandere x yandere manga I've read before that are somewhat like this, though.

Fed-Kun's army
this is cute and both of them are so fucking bad at being vulnerable and sincere it's funny

@mmosimca
There dynamic makes sense. One is reluctant at expressing herself emotionally. While the other is upfront and straight to the point.

Dex-chan lover
...I may drop this series.
I'm not with this incest crap.

Millennia of cultural inbreeding has left me and other Jews with a bunch of congenital disorders, and that was just cousins!

DON'T IDEALISE THIS SHIT! Beyond the diseases that amplify across generations, there's a host of sociological and psychological reasons its not OK.

Dex-chan lover
we’re about overdue a character relationship sheet

Dex-chan lover
@Thrembs it's not though? The little sister is obviously aware that she can't/shouldn't be the one with her sister and that's not the direction she's headed narratively either.

Dex-chan lover
@Thrembs
I fairly positive this ends with 0 incest. Pretty sure this is just her reflecting on what once was a potential romantic interest in her sister, but never saw fruit. So she is starting to move on more or less, likely towards the other girl, but likely only after a few chapters.

Also, iirc, it is legal to marry your cousin in Japan, and the story is only featuring a 1 sided interest between 2 sisters, so no genetics will get pass on to their impossible children. Also, not to discredit or downplay your experience with inbreeding/incest, but I dont think the same necessarily applies here. This is a 1-off at best. Not a cultural tradition going on for generations. Genetic issues are very improbable for a 1st generation child of inbreeding. And while that is not to say it wont ever happen on the 1st generation, it usually takes a few generations to notice any kind of significant genetic weakness. Sure there could always be one who just happened to hit the genetic disorder jackpot, but overall there is not too much risk in inbreeding for the first few generations, and even then it is only like a 3-4% chance, and 1-2% or so is about average for the non-inbred population. Plus, as I mentioned earlier, they are both female, so there is literally 0 chance for them to have genetically related children with each other.

I dont think they are idealizing it by any means. Sure such manga exist, but this is not likely to be one of them. But whether you continue or drop is ultimately up to you in the end.

Dex-chan lover
Have the two of em even kissed yet? I wonder if that’ll ever happen

It funny when people comment "imma drop this/that manga". Nobody care. Just move along and let other people who enjoys it read it

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Man, i used to think "i don't care about love", then i met a girl in my first year of highschool and we got close, unfortunately she changed schools, probably because of me and the way i handled our situation with our lazy ass team, i wasn't going to allow some SoBs drag me down and make me fail a subject, i saved that subject but i failed another, so i had to take extra classes to continue. Years later i kinda regret it a little, but it's too late to do anything about it, especially now.

Fed-Kun's army
@zips here are the major relationships off the top of my head. I can draw a chart when I get home in like 10 hours. pretty sure I missed a few minor ones. i also dont remember like half their names.

iori <-dating-> minami
iori <-sister-> Idk what her name is. blunt twin tail girl. little sister
sister -one sided crush-> iori
shizuka<-friends?-> sister
shizuka<-old abusive relationship-> minami
editor (work mode) -boss-> heke (mangaka gamer)
editor (online friend mode) <-love-> heke (mostly from editor side. but implied mutual. heke also doesnt know the editor is also her friend)
editor <-friends-> iori these two arent out to each other.
editor <-is out to-> coworkers
minami<-is out to-> her boss. probably.

Dex-chan lover
@icarushector @JavelinJoe I’m not talking about the ending.
I’m talking about it as a theme. It’s taken way too lightly in Japanese media. It’s not uncommon. It’s actually romanticised. Cousin marriage is legal in all of Japan.

None of this is OK.

PS. Any two Ashkenazi Jews are fifth cousins at least. You gotta put new water in that gene pool, folks. Jews should have a better intake system for converts. I’m not saying we should be proselytising, just a more streamlined, less ad-hoc system of education opportunities. We need more variety in colours and sizes of Jews. Get that to sixth cousins at worst lol.

Dex-chan lover
@Thrembs I understand what you are saying, and I'm say it's not romanticized here. Honestly I feel that spousal violence has been more romanticized here.

Dex-chan lover
@icarushector
Were you here before the reupload? If you were not, Vol.1 use to be riddled with domestic violence. Like almost once a chapter minimum. Always Iroi hitting Minami with something or her hand too. Basically, it got to the point where more concern was over the violence than the romance, so I believe that forced the reupload in order to not ruin the story to the point it gets axed.

Iroi's picture would have been used to describe what a domestic abuser looks like. Violent, drinks, possessive (not to the extreme, locked at home, yandere kind, but she did bring a bat to pick up her girlfriend and all). There was a running joke in the comments because Iroi started the relationship saying she would never dream of physically hurting Minami, yet she hit her so often. And the hits were not soft "loving" or "cliche" hits, they left marks (not long lasting, but more than a few frame/chapters to go away sometimes.

Now vol.1 is almost entirely violence free (between Iori and Minami at least, they have only 1 hit, and it is done in the usual "comical" cliche way).

Dex-chan lover
@JavelinJoe I just read it in the last couple days, and was mostly not in the comments section. I recall plenty of violence, enough that both sides of her face were bandaged and Minami called iori's temper that led to it cute. Should I go back and re-read? Because that was troubling as fuck and frankly more troubling than the incest crush that is acknowledged as problematic.

I was fine with the bat, since that was on behalf of Minami not to her.

Users who are viewing this thread