Dex-chan lover
It's not a snipe. You literally have nothing in your profile while the other guy has posted tons of chapters in other manga. If you didn't want to lose your standing, you should've posted it the very moment the category was public.

just go to mangahu if not avaible here
https://mangahub.io/manga/jimide-medatanai-watashi-wa-kyo-de-owari-ni-shimasu

Well, they posted the first chapter before you, how is that a snipe? Just cause you made a page doesnt mean you started doing it, you couldve been just a fan that wanted some scanlator to start it. Anyway, big thanks for the chapter, really well done. But please dont create unecessary drama, just talk to them and decide if you gonna do it together, in parallel or one of you is gonna drop it. Communication solves everything ;)

Aggregator gang
To the scanlator: I'm sorry, but no. You can't expect a page existing for a series to be a reservation for your work on the series.

Dex-chan lover
While this might make me look like a jerk: Your translation is.....just bad, like "I MTL'd and try to make sense of it" bad.
Which I consider it as one of the worst kind of translation and it always baffles me when someone seem to take pride or even worse DEFEND it.

There's random pronouns added when it's not necessary (and wrong on top), and instead in multiple spots part of what is spoken were just....removed, as if you didn't understand and just make something up.

@Shadow @Zmk
It's on page 9, where the 'translator' translated it as "no! eek!"

Also this chapter is more like 1.2.1 (the raw list it as "Chapter 1, latter part, 1", and yes there's ch 1, latter part, 2) :v

EDIT: Looked through the publicly available RAW: (up to ch3 and then skip to ch 8)
She got home, jerk grandpa be like "get out, you're a shame to this house, if you're still here by the time I wake up I'm locking you in the north villa"
So she went to pack, just some clothes and the makeup kit she received...
AND REVEAL (unsurprisingly?) THAT SHE IS A REINCARNATOR.

In fact she's been living the double life for awhile now, one of the noble girl, and the other, the one she's 'returning to' and will dedicate herself to, as the owner of a restaurant. She use the name Lana there, and is most likely the real point of contact between her and Wilfred until now.

On the palace side, shit hit the fan but let's ignore that: Turns out Wilfred's hair is DYED, which would go to explain why she didn't recognize him initially but felt like she recognized his eyes.

Sadly the RAW doesn't have chapter with how these two met :v so can't confirm if it's childhood friend or him going 'incognito' and met her at her shop.

But the background is something along the line of.
Lana often went out to town incognito.
Befriended an old couple running a restaurant, where the grandma gave her the makeup kit to use.
Then one day she met Cho, a girl selling onigiri.
The moment she ate one, her past memories came back.
She ends up partnering with Cho to sell onigiri, made banks.
The old couple retired and Lana bought their store.
And these day she's the owner.

Ch 3 is spent revealing that maybe Lana can actually use magic after all.
The store's chef have a younger brother who's sickly and he usually go check on him during breaks.
Lana suggest bringing the brother to the store so he doesn't have to travel back and forth.

Some stuffs happen and Lana make porridge/okayu for him, while 'praying' for him to get well.
As the brother eat it, he visibly got better.
And the chef came running like "YOU CAN USE MAGIC!?"
Lana is confused.
Cho adds in that when she tried to sell onigiri alone, the customers complained that if it's not Lana's onigiri, it doesn't seem to make them recover from fatigue.

Then the next day she went to check on him, the brother's a lot taller, and explains that thanks to her magic it seems all of his stunted growth came back to him at once.

Ch 8 is....
Sandra/the 'heroine's past.

Basically after the country had an event that signals the return of the Saintess, they started searching.
Found her.
But when she thought her life would improve, it didn't.
Her real mother died to a disease long ago, and right now despite all the support she's getting from the country it's all spent in vain by her stepmother on alcohols or other vanity shit the stepmom fancies.
The father is a spineless one who don't say anything back and there's 2 bratty brothers (not the 'I bulli you' kind, but more like kids not listening to what she say)
Sandra used to sell flowers to try and help the family income.

Because the bitchmom spent all the money, she could only wear plain cloth.
In fact Frederick even mocked her about 'hey, you smell the stick of commoner?'
She ran away, and was being melancholic wanting money.
Then she saw Lana's ink bottle and how wonderful looking it is.
For a moment she thought "how much is this worth" and picked it up.
Lana returned right then.

Sandra dropped the bottle.
Because Lana could say anything, she panic apologized and wiped the ink with her own dress. (So yes, THAT did happen, just not by Lana's order)
She then ran away in tears, where Frederick show up and was about to mock her again, but went blushing seeing her teary face.
After that Frederick fell for her, gifting her new cloth to replace the dirty one.
From then on she learned that she can use her tears to make men do whatever she wanted.

Then a year later the engagement breaking happen, and her Saintess power also blossomed.
One day she came home with another dress from the prince and found her closet emptied.
She went to confront the bitchmom and the latter (drunk as always)'s like "Fuck you gimme more money"

Sandra went to cry in her own room, then she smelled something burning.
She went to the living room, where her brothers are crying for help, the mother and father asleep.
The two kids played with matches and started a fire.

Sandra was about to go in, then paused..."I...didn't see anything, didn't know anything...I only went out for a walk...and when I came back...everything's on fire"
And then she closed the door.

She went out, washed herself of any soot, calmed her breathing, and went for a walk.
She returned with the house fully aflame, Evan directing people to put out the fire.
She went crying into his arm and spoke of 'what about muh family'
While internally she was thankful of God for finally releasing her from her shitty family.
No more bullying stepmother.
The useless father.
Even the annoying brothers.

One panel of the insanity smile.
"There's no going back anymore"
"I will become Queen, and live a life free of inconveniences"
"For sure"
"No matter what means I must use!"

tl;dr - After long years of living under shitty family, bitch be crazy.

So tl;dr for people who doesn't want to get big spoiler.
Lana is the only reincarnated person, and doesn't seem to be genre savvy of otome game tropes at all.

Sandra just had a shitty life and became obsessed with materialistic life because of it.[/spiler]

Dex-chan lover
So how come the chapter is unavailable now? what happened? Seems like others were able to read it earlier based on comments

i don't know if this was a snipe but even if it was i am glad there was a better version.
so i compared ch.1.1 and 1.2 against the raw, 1.1 had less translation mistakes and also less typos. 1.1 looks better in the redrawing and typesetting, overall it looked a little bit more "crisp" .

Something i don't understand about the assumed snipe: if the scanlator of 1.2 was working on both chapters (1.1 and 1.2), why didn't he released both chapters?
Especial i would like to do a direct compare of both 1.1 versions.

Group Leader
By definition of sniping, someone posting a chapter ahead of an active translation without posting prior chapters, you my friend are the sniper. If you had posted your 1.1 and then this 1.2, you would just be two concurrent groups working on the same series. Posting a first chapter is NEVER a snipe (because they're not posting ahead of an active translation). To have an active translation, you must have posted your own chapter first, that is the ONLY way to claim.

Now, that said, if you actually love a series, a supposed snipe won't do anything to dull your passion and you just keep working on the series regardless if someone else does as well. So keep your chin up, leave readers out of your drama, and work on the translation if you love it enough. Good luck.

Uhh... If you were actively working on the first chapter you should have posted about it in the message board of the series. I checked all the old messages and didn't find any implications that someone was working on the series before the first chapter was posted here.
Whining about Sniping in that kind of circumstances is pretty silly IMHO.

i just hope this series doesn't end up getting dropped because of miscommunications. Hope you guys manage to work it out!

Man y'all crazy. Ain't nobody complainin bout sniping here?! What has the world gone to? You guys trying to incite drama on purpose?! The only place for drama to exist is only in manga like they should be! 😤

Users who are viewing this thread