The ending of this series is rushed, underwhelming, and anti-climactic for me D: Don't get me wrong, I still like it a LOT and this is still in my list of manga that I would love to re-read again someday, but I guess I just saw so much potential* for it.

*for more arcs to expand certain characters, like the new head of Ratri clan... especially since the ex-head Peter Ratri seemed to warn the kids about his uncle (i forgot the chapter though but he seemed to wish the kids goodluck in trying to convince (?) or change his uncle's mind about somehting(??).

Grateful it kind of ended tying up the loose ends though, just wish there were more.

Dex-chan lover
I'm going to haver to go with: Ughhh this sucks

First arc, at Grace field farm, I'd rate at 9.5
Goldy pond, 8.5
After the timeskip, first part: 4.5
Last 30 chapters: honestly, maybe a 3

Abysmal ending for me. Not because it is THAT bad, no. Simply because it's SO MUCH WORSE compared to the first volumes, it's really horrible.
Frankly, it would have been better if the author ended it after goldy pond or something, with an open ending. Or went on hiatus. But after the timeskip, there was a complete lack of tension, predictable plot, so many: just as planned moments.
It really felt just like a run-of-the-mill shonen, while before the time skip it was such a good manga...

Dex-chan lover
the brats 's searching method is so fukking stupid : so they are travelling all around the world , searching for a single b!tch , using only their eyes to search , and searching each village only for a few hours because "the bus will leave soon" . and where do they get the huge fund for 100+ brats to travel all around the world ?

page 10 : a ghost can grab a physical bag ? and they are fukking ghosts , how could they also be isekai-ed from the demon world to the human world ?

page 14 : can anyone even explain why do 100+ brats assemble at this exact spot ? previously , they scattered all around the village .
" AVENGERS , ASSEMBLE , the author told us that the b!tch will be at this spot soon . "

fukking stupid brats , they are making a scene and blocking the traffic in a busy market .

- brats : YOU ARE EVERYTHING TO ME .
- emma : i dont even know who you are . ( endgame 's reference , lol )

- you paid for the promise with everything you had .
- er , no , she did not . she only paid some cheap memories . she still has her virginity , her hymen , her uterus , her kidneys , her organs , her intact body , her eyes , her limbs , her life , her youth , ....

last page : black-hair bratty boy is a fukking 3rd wheel , lol .
white-hair bratty boy : yo , im holding the hands of my lover . dont touch her with your dirty left hand .

santa claus : wait a minute , you fukking brats . you try to kidnap my l0li wife with your nonsense story ? she belongs to me now . get the fukk out of here .

- white-hair bratty boy : we are all going to school now , and we are also skipping school for months to search for you . now i will tell you about cislo , adam , mass-produced brats , mike rat-ri , ayshe , chris , ..... , special dna , our side effects , respiratory systems , ..... , blah blah blah , yadda yadda yadda , .....
- emma : i dont even know who they are . and i didnt understand ONE SINGLE WORD of your long speech . you know , the nonsense speech makes you look so fukking stupid .

Fed-Kun's army
the only good character is emma's grandpa guy i want a spin-off with him as the mc

Okay ending... Sad how amazing this manga turned out and ended up going from a solid 8.5~ ranking for me to an 8 and then a 7.5 in the final few arcs... gave it an 8 just for how quick it adapted and moved towards an ending though. I am more of a fan of a story that moves in a set direction and doesn't drag things out/add more random stuff just to get longer. Overall, decent manga.

I kinda skimmed thru the manga so I may have missed it
Why didn't Emma promise with "God" just send all humans to human world right away ?
Their mother died because of this delay

Double-page supporter
Just finished binge reading it on another site, and I love how the authors kept the pace and the momentum. They knew the whole plot, what story to tell, and they delivered. However, this may be due to me reading a lot of effed up manga, the plans the kids cooked up just went on too smooth. I was expecting more plot twists and betrayals, but I guess they didn't want to drag on for too long like most shounen manga.

@4rcane I thought about that too, but I think the authors didn't or haven't really touched the fact that the "God" is almighty and can just make things happen without lifting a finger. Also,
the God is mischievous. For him to magically teleport every human on the spot, Emma would have to pay a much bigger price
Lastly, the manga is still a product. No reader would be satisfied if the humans just popped into the human world and end it there. I don't think the authors wanted to write about the struggles the humans have to face in the human world, that's why in the ending arc, the human world
was so far into the future and in peace because there are no more countries and conflicts. They had to tie a knot for the demon world, for Musica and SonJu to rule and maintain peace

at long last it finally ended.
grace field at the beginning was really inspired, and the other chapters just didn't cut it since it raised the bar so high at the start the others didn't get close.

the ending was most lighthearted way it could have been, and i just kind of didn't like the contrived amnesia to it not mattering since all of them get together in the end anyway.

i don't really get what i was expecting from the renewed pact and all that, but i guess i was expecting much more mature themes and darker tones, i expected more casualties but only key people perished which was kinda frustrating seeing everything go just as planned.

overall, if it ended when they escaped with us left to fill the mysteries in it would have been great, but getting to the very end is just a resounding okay. it didn't help that story progressed fast like finding the walls thing was done and over so quick.

Double-page supporter
Binged the whole manga in 3 days
At the Goldy Pond arc, I was reading every chapter at the edge of my fucking seat, unable to sleep for one night.
At the mid point, I was almost convinced to turn vegan and suffered 4 heart attacks due to the excitement every fight scene in the Goldy Pond arc.
At the end, I wished I had not wasted my 72 hours reading this shit.

Dex-chan lover
Ok they found her anyway and she kind of remembers them even though shouldnt happen
I can live with that whatever
It happening because of some magic ghost bullshit? Fuck that

Dex-chan lover
I just read this entire manga without sleeping and I love it so much. At it's very core, it's an excellent dissection of human nature, capitalism, greed, and corruption in the government. Excellent storytelling.

It's kind of funny, I read this chapter 5 months ago, but I didn't find out it was the ending until just now. For an ending chapter, this was kind of underwhelming... It just ended so abruptly. I figured there would at least be some stuff showing life after, in the human world, now that they're all together again. Because of that, my only thoughts when I read this chapter were "oh so she accepted them and will live with them after all, that's nice, I guess." and that's it. I had no idea that was the end because it didn't feel like an ending... I only found out now, because I happened to look on here and saw the end tag next to the chapter.

I agree with most people, after the Ratri clan soldiers invaded their base, things just seemed to go too smoothly. I have a feeling the publisher told the mangaka that he had X months to finish it, so he rushed the ending.

This was great but why am i still crying from all of this in the last two chapters 😭😭 BUT i loved reading this it was great and i loved it!

Bloody hell, what a read this was. God damn ninjas are cutting onions as I finish this amazing series.
What a trip, what an experience, what an amazing journey everyone took to be able to get to where they are in the end.
I'm not gonna forgive what Kaiu Shirai did by messing me up big time...
...neither am I gonna forget what an amazing world that he has brought all of us into.
Demizu Posuka has a place in my heart, being able to consistently do a lovely job illustrating the world, characters, and the entire journey of Emma, Ray, Norman and their beautiful family.
May Kaiu Shirai and Demizu Posuka continue to bless us with beautiful stories, wonderful worlds, ninjas with their onions, and amazing journeys for the near future.

Mujika & Emma are still the best girls.
December 7, 2020 - 5:15am

Double-page supporter
Took her connections/memories that she had build/make with her family but couldn't take what deep right in the kokoro.
Connection can and will be build again so screw you bacteriamonster god.

Users who are viewing this thread