Dex-chan lover
@Triot : agree. She’s obviously very powerful, and if that is related to how human fear the concept, the idea of god has been feared since very early time of civilisation.

Its very contradicting that there is a god devil, but we have angel right there. Since in this manga, the devil is born out of fear then it could be the case. The only other thing i could think of is death devil.

Honestly rather than fear a god,i fear more punishment of our doing, hell, and death itself. But all of it are coming in general from a god.

But, she takes human form. it would be funny if she is actually human devil.

Dex-chan lover
Nice. It's because Aki is making this deal with Makima that Denji will kill him.

So, makima is a devil or at least the conduit for a devil like santa claus. The question is what? Authority doesn't really fit because why wouldn't she just order denji to do something instead of trying to seduce him? God could make sense but that feels a bit hyperbolic. What if its something a lot more simple than that? Her current power set is the ability to manipulate memories, an instakilling technique that requires a sacrifice, the inability to die (+ regen), control over small animals (birds/ rats) and immense physical strength (she 1v100'd a ton of puppets). What if its a more primal fear? Like the dark or presumably fire.

I believe Makima is the manipulation devil and the reason why she can't control denji is because the chainsaw devil killed her in hell once.

Dex-chan lover
Makima must be the "Fear of Losing a Loved One" Devil.

Or she's literally the Devil Devil?

Maybe she's a hybrid (like Denji) or a fiend (like Power) with God Devil?

Dex-chan lover
Dear Lord, if Denji ends up killing Power and Aki because Makima order, imma cry...

But this makes Makima a devil or perhaps a human that need specific way to use her power with the devil, like how they try with darkness devil that need sacrifice.

Also, apparently there's a theory that dead personel is used as fiend because violence devil is awfully similar with Arai.

It's nice to see the answer reveal itself slowly.

Aggregator gang
Whatever devil she is, she's on par with Darkness, which is one of the most fundamental, primitive fears out there, enough to inflict damage and stall long enough to get out of there

Dex-chan lover
Ugh, this manga is so cringy...

She's basically going to be the final boss, I guess.

Anyway, this author can really only do mindfuck stories it seems.

Also you guys are trying too hard. Makima is a massive asshole. That's it.

that flashback when makima made angel kill people just to see his power..... *gags*

Users who are viewing this thread