Dex-chan lover
What happened? Why is the translation so rough all of a sudden? The first page makes no sense 😱

Supporter
This chapter was quite confusing regarding how to read the vertical text.

@AlphaFlow WYM? Maybe read over it once more? That was something I didn't have a problem with. Thing is just that we start in the middle of an ongoing conversation there.

Dex-chan lover
Why is there such a difference in tl quality this chapter compared to the prior?

Dex-chan lover
This ain't a tl problem it's the artist. That one is compressing a lot of the novel as quickly as possible while also also trying to exaggerate each character for comedy.

Dex-chan lover
For those who missed it, there's a critical plot point where he washes his hands in page 10/16 after shaking hands - It's clear he really hates her guts and wishes to rid himself of the cootie filth that was transferred to his hands.

ofc I'm joking just thought the panel transition was hilarious

Fed-Kun's army
@someunregpunk No, it’s the translation as well. Some of the dialogues were absolutely nonsensical. The first page made no sense whatsoever. In addition, the vertical text was horrid to read.

Please keep your shit together Party Scans.

Dex-chan lover
You this story has been pretty refreshing so far, but I can’t say I love this development. I get it. Your side is weak AF and you can’t afford the help you need, but the mc is a naive minor that has no idea what’s going on and just happens to be powerful (he doesn’t even fully understand his strength himself). At the very least he deserves to hear the full story (preferably from both sides, but not possible so at least their side would be nice), exactly what’s t stake, what’s going on, what each side represents, and as a bonus what the freak he’s actually supposed to do (maybe a little training session). The Cat God essentially took advantage of his kindness and naivety, basically lied to him, and is still withholding information. He wasn’t going to refuse when he had no idea what’s going on and thought it would be a friendly match, and now he’s going to be thrown in the ring and told “be OP” even though the Cat God clearly knows and saw that the mc has no idea what happened with the shikigami (did I spell it right? No spell correction for non-english words; autocorrect is like my god at this point), and has no idea how to fight. I think I said last chapter it was nice that the cat god waited to tell the mc before telling his clan/group, but never mind . This feels extremely irresponsible, unfair, and rather unethical (so you know, I’d do it, but the rest of you are supposed of have morals). We’re readers. We know the full story. Who the people trying to protect are and who are the ones trying to destroy and cause chaos. We don’t have the best understanding yet, but we more or less get who each side is, what’s going, and what they stand for. The mc knows none of this. To him, he was just helping the talking cat’s friends to stand a chance in a friendly match for amateurs. It’s completely unfair how he’s being strung along for his power and told and taught nothing.

Dex-chan lover
@Nogoodimaginativename No no dude, you do have a point. The washing hands part was very important, it reminds the reader to wash their hands regularly to stop spreading that gruesome virus floating around causing a pandemic.

Double-page supporter
@Elhao

The vertical text is apparently supposed to be read left to right instead of right to left, which is what I initially did, but some longer words are actually extended such that you have to read one of them right to left (I think, at least based on the 『』placement, don't have access to the raws so not sure) while the other bits are meant to be read left to right. Reading up to down left to right while reading clusters of words from right to left is kinda confusing too. I mean, then there's stacked text being kinda hard to read in the first place anyway.

the alphabet isnt meant to be read that way.

dont know about the others, but I'm okay with tilting my head if the text is sideways, rather than vertical letters

still, thanks for the chapter :D

Dex-chan lover
After squinting my eyes for 2-3 minutes, I finally found out that those letters were to be read up-to-down, left-to-right, and using two mirrors positioned right across each other.
Anyway, thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@Ruukasu aye thanks for the TL but I feel like some wording should be "fixed"?

instead of owner (家当主) , it should be more of Household Head

Dex-chan lover
Quite of bit of the translation here made little to no sense whatsoever. Was there no proofreader for this chapter?

The translation has always been iffy, and the plot is all over the place.
Here's hoping a v2 of this whole beginning chapters gets done eventually.

Aggregator gang
mc literally dont even need to move at this point because anything that gets summoned/made has a life of its own with him

Users who are viewing this thread