This is getting really annoying, gonna need to start blocking scan groups if they act like children.

Dex-chan lover
There are four others of this same goddamn chapter up and you posted this? Blocking.

Group Leader
@Kayriel Flame-Scans and the other scan groups already were translating at the same time. It's a literal Scan war.

Dex-chan lover
Has scanlating this just become a meme?

@Fwaifuxsenpai

Unless there's like an appreciable difference in quality to the point that you think you captured something important that everyone else left out, people should be able to have the self control to say "okay well I guess I'll stop now". All within the span of a single day I can go "okay, fine". You keep working for over 36 hours after the first scan drops and expect people to read your shit? God, people that do that can fuck off.

This isn't even close to the best one! So much clunky dialogue, jeez. I don't care if they mimic some font color gradation.

Dex-chan lover
"hey lets do something 100% useless, people will appreciate it!" - no

Man... I'd wish some of these groups would stop wasting their time scanning/translating the same stuff and actually work on something that no one else is scanning.

Group Leader
Just so everyone realizes who says “I wish these groups would just translate another series instead of one already being done.” I understand what you mean but in scanlation it doesn’t work like this. It’s not easy to just pick up any series you want to unless you’re a decently sized group or you have a specific translator that’s interested in that series. For example with Korean series it’s extremely difficult to find Korean translators who’ll translate into english well. Translators are very picky with series they want to do which is why most groups can’t just go picking and choosing whatever series they want without a translator that is already interested and willing to translate the series. This is why so many series sit untranslated because groups either can’t find a translator interested or the series itself just doesn’t interest any group. These groups also don’t have any obligation to translate any series considering most of them are doing this for free as a hobby on their own time. At any time the licensor of any series published here can contact MangaDex and send them a cease and desist for translating the series. It’s already happened with one of the groups who were planning on translating Solo Leveling where they were told not to publish the series by the licensor which is Kakao. So if you’re going to complain about multiple groups doing a series at least appreciate that they’re doing it for free where as if they weren’t you’d have to pay for the official licensed english version on tappytoon which stays 1 chapter behind the Korean raws for Solo Leveling. So be glad that any group decided to pick up Solo Leveling and any other series.

Dex-chan lover
@BetaPetey
These groups also don’t have any obligation to translate any series considering most of them are doing this for free as a hobby on their own time.

I would literally rather these people translate no series at all, than release an inferior translation of a series that has 3 other translations over 24 hours after the first one was released, causing me to get a notification about a release for a series I am following that is actually nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread