A Banished Sage’s Progress to Discovering the World: The Story of What Happened When I Freed Myself from My Childhood Friend - Ch. 8 - Flare Blast!

Dex-chan lover
What kind of second-rate hero gets possessed and controlled by some pesky demon? What a joke.

But then again, the dragon is third-rate. If someone thinks that lizard is an ancient dragon, they should return their bestiary to the bookstore and get their money back.

Dex-chan lover
What kind of second-rate hero gets possessed and controlled by some pesky demon? What a joke.

But then again, the dragon is third-rate. If someone thinks that lizard is an ancient dragon, they should return their bestiary to the bookstore and get their money back.
You forget, plot trumps logic. Plus, it seemed to have happened when she was a kid...

Dex-chan lover

Maybe she wasn't aware that she didn't defeat the demon but was possessed by it

Dex-chan lover
Page 13 reaction panel is pretty great. Especially the saintess.

Can't even tell whether it makes more sense for a character to be possessed or to be that shitty.
Possessed. She really did care for him.

I wouldn't actually mind if the MC finds out and saves her with the "power of love"

Because this would actually be a good time to use it...

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't actually mind if the MC finds out and saves her with the "power of love"

Because this would actually be a good time to use it...
Actually, yes. If it's a mental problem, the power of love is entirely appropriate.

Although I was thinking something more along the lines of the saintess (or someone) exorcising her and then Haru blasting the demon.

Dex-chan lover

You forget, plot trumps logic. Plus, it seemed to have happened when she was a kid...
Being a Hero ≠ invincible mental fortitude

Dex-chan lover
Being a Hero ≠ invincible mental fortitude
Sadly, they could get magically brainwashed...
Actually, yes. If it's a mental problem, the power of love is entirely appropriate.

Although I was thinking something more along the lines of the saintess (or someone) exorcising her and then Haru blasting the demon.
But this would actually be a great chance to actually use one of the old corny jokes and make it work.... hope author doesn't miss it...

Dex-chan lover
Well, it was kinda obvious something happened to her to slowly get warped, there's a spoiler why,but she wants to protect her friend and that desire gets used against her! And Haru should have understood something changed in his friend and try to help her! What would you do if your best friend, who was always kind,helping suddenly start behaving strange and differently! Ah,yes, let's run away! But I guess empathy wasn't invented yet :pepela:

Dex-chan lover
Well, it was kinda obvious something happened to her to slowly get warped, there's a spoiler why,but she wants to protect her friend and that desire gets used against her! And Haru should have understood something changed in his friend and try to help her! What would you do if your best friend, who was always kind,helping suddenly start behaving strange and differently! Ah,yes, let's run away! But I guess empathy wasn't invented yet :pepela:
He didn't know magic brainwashing existed yet... and they are in a world with no internet and a lot less stories (which are also spread less) and no TV.... they have a much smaller imagination than us...

Dex-chan lover
He didn't know magic brainwashing existed yet... and they are in a world with no internet and a lot less stories (which are also spread less) and no TV.... they have a much smaller imagination than us...
I do understand, but at the same time I put myself in that situation and what would I do for a childhood friend! But I also understand the story needs a simple plot where one doesn't need to think too much, and that's also fine! :thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
I do understand, but at the same time I put myself in that situation and what would I do for a childhood friend! But I also understand the story needs a simple plot where one doesn't need to think too much, and that's also fine! :thumbsup:
I dunno... he seemed to have been abused for a while... from his perspective, she probably just got drunk on power...

And if she wasn't brainwashed, cutting her off would be the right choice.

It's only because she was brainwashed that she should be forgiven...

Dex-chan lover
Place your bets people, will the dragon be a loli or a sexy milf?

I, myself think that dragon loli seems to be the choice this manga makes, but who knows maybe I'm wrong

Dex-chan lover
What are you on about? Getting shanked by some weird goopy psychic blackness that gaslights you is DEFINITELY fine and NOT AT ALL WORTH WORRYING ABOUT!

Dex-chan lover
It's always a bummer when they do a cop-out with the antagonist. Why is it with kicked from the hero party stories with a male guild leader they usually stay an asshole and don't get redeemed, sometimes even becoming worse, but with these stories they often end up having some sappy back story that redeems them. It's so infantalizing to female characters that they can't just become and stay jerks, and always have to have some sort of redemption arc instead.

Dex-chan lover
It's always a bummer when they do a cop-out with the antagonist. Why is it with kicked from the hero party stories with a male guild leader they usually stay an asshole and don't get redeemed, sometimes even becoming worse, but with these stories they often end up having some sappy back story that redeems them. It's so infantalizing to female characters that they can't just become and stay jerks, and always have to have some sort of redemption arc instead.
Because he wasn't kicked out. He quit.

Heck, the whole issue is that she wants to control every aspect of his life. It's practically the exact opposite of "kicked out of the party, only to find out I'm actually OP". Instead of kicking him out because he's weak, the Heroine wants to lock him up in a misguided (brainwashed) attempt at keeping him safe. She's practically a yandere and when is a yandere known to be hateful?

Users who are viewing this thread