A Beastly Scandal - Ch. 12

Group Leader
I don't know how to feel about him... Do at least see the person act, why don't you?

yeeEEEES A SHITTY SELF-CENTERED TWAT OF A DIRECTOR HAS COME AS A 2ND ML

Yeah, just what she needed right now - one vain-ass pretty-boy messing around with her personal life, and another messing around with her career. All that's needed now is for one of them to figure out the thing with her brother - unless maybe the director guy already does (and that may have something to do with why he rejected her...)

no he’s weird. how do you judge her acting based on movie titles and rumors. how is he a director.

i mean.... okay??? i understand how celebrity images are strong but if she has the talent why not have her at least audition to prove herself.

If her image is too much then it shows how the director doesn’t believe in his skill to lead to achieve the movie he wants.

What kind of stupid and shortsighted from the director to say she is really commercial, every BAFTA, Oscar... whatever winner have made commercial films as well, saying that just shows that he just doesn’t know how to discern talent ugh... is she jinxed or something that only keeps meeting assholes?...

yah, i believe he did it on purpose to test her! but he cute tho looking like a rival to Boemi. can't wait for more

Hmm, while everyone is sticking up for our female lead, I'm with the director on this one. In real life, famous and popular actors are often handed a leading part. They may be beautiful people who are very talented in acting, but that doesn't mean you fit the part. Especially if you're very well-known with other movies, people might see the actor first and the role second. Take Emma Watson as Belle for example. She fits the part in theory, but in actuality, people just see Hermione in the 18th century.
If the director wants someone less widespread known for his own vision, I'd say that our lead is overstepping here. Being great at acting and being a fan of his work, doesn't mean you are entitled to be part of it. That's just being arrogant.

I honestly prefer him as a ml than the other black haired guy whatever his name is

I totally get what the director is saying. If an actor already has several well-known roles, they might let those roles dominate their career. Like Chris Evans being Captain America, despite acting as another character - a lot of people will just see him as his marvel role instead of anyone else. It can overshadow the film, or change the way the work comes off. The director was super professional about it, and it's valid that's why he turned her down. Still. A little part of me is miffed, because it seems like he didn't put much time into reviewing her work at all. He danced around the question of whether he properly looked over her acting skills, which to me, means he really didn't do it.

I still like him way better than the ML though.

Users who are viewing this thread