A Boy Who Was Just a Friend for Ten Years Confessed Love to Me - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.1

Dex-chan lover
Oh yes, this is very natural for any girl or woman to ask.
Putting aside that-- as things go in Japanese-- she could be talking of anything from a "mere" forceful "taking" to outright rape? It's not unheard of.

The shoujo and josei genres (mostly populated by women) are littered with cocky pretty boys who are either on the cusp of being predatory or outright are.

This isn't exclusively a Japanese thing. I was once with a woman who fantasized about "wake-up sex". Twilight exists, as does Fifty Shades. It's doubtless a popular feature in fanfiction. And did you know there's a subreddit for "rapeplay"...? Some of them even speak glowingly about their actual rape incidents. Yeah. I hope you can at least cope with un-having your lunch.

If, after being disabused of the notion that this is a Japanese quirk, you consider side-eyeing every woman you meet: consider the following.

There are men that are like this about women.

There's something to be said about the bad assumption that's made in American and Japanese societies alike about how men will/should let a woman do anything up to and including raping him (the Japanese indirectly do this through-- I'm sure about this, but I can't retrace the saying through search engines-- a idiomatic phrase about "not refusing a woman's side dishes"), but there are men that are more direct about wanting to be "raped" by a a woman they find attractive.

That's key: they in fact want to be "taken" by someone they like or otherwise find attractive. There are boys and men, especially now, who want enthusiastic and unambiguous affection from women-- thus attributes like "femdom", "reverse rape", "onee/shota" (since an older woman being willing to break social taboos and the law to give sexual and/or romantic attention to a minor is pretty unambiguous), et cetera. There are women who want to be viewed as so irresistible by a man (that they like) that he goes out of control in order to seize her.

Nobody wants to be raped, though.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Putting aside that-- as things go in Japanese-- she could be talking of anything from a "mere" forceful "taking" to outright rape? It's not unheard of.

The shoujo and josei genres (mostly populated by women) are littered with cocky pretty boys who are either on the cusp of being predatory or outright are.

This isn't exclusively a Japanese thing. I was once with a woman who fantasized about "wake-up sex". Twilight exists, as does Fifty Shades. It's doubtless a popular feature in fanfiction. And did you know there's a subreddit for "rapeplay"...? Some of them even speak glowingly about their actual rape incidents. Yeah. I hope you can at least cope with un-having your lunch.

If, after being disabused of the notion that this is a Japanese quirk, you consider side-eyeing every woman you meet: consider the following.

There are men that are like this about women.

There's something to be said about the bad assumption that's made in American and Japanese societies alike about how men will/should let a woman do anything up to and including raping him (the Japanese indirectly do this through-- I'm sure about this, but I can't retrace the saying through search engines-- a idiomatic phrase about "not refusing a woman's side dishes"), but there are men that are more direct about wanting to be "raped" by a a woman they find attractive.

That's key: they in fact want to be "taken" by someone they like or otherwise find attractive. There are boys and men, especially now, who want enthusiastic and unambiguous affection from women-- thus attributes like "femdom", "reverse rape", "onee/shota" (since an older woman being willing to break social taboos and the law to give sexual and/or romantic attention to a minor is pretty unambiguous), et cetera. There are women who want to be viewed as so irresistible by a man (that they like) that he goes out of control in order to seize her.

Nobody wants to be raped, though.
I totally get where you're coming from, but it's one thing to want to be forcefully taken and another to question whether the other person finds you sexually attractive because they don't assault (and/or "forcefully take") you. The most plausible explanation as for why they don't isn't that they don't find you attractive, but because it's morally repulsive, it's a crime and could put a black mark on your social reputation for life. It's not dumb for her to want to be forcefully taken, it's dumb for her to assume that he's a beast and a slave to his sexual urges.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The autor must be a real hentai addict to suggest the rape thing
Actually apparently it is one of the more common fantasies for women... that being said its a FANTASY. You don't want fantasies to actually HAPPEN in most cases lmao. But ya that's why you see all those shoujo manga with the super forceful men

Contributor
Oh hey, the male lead here is not the usual spineless loner or generic cardboard nice guy. The guy is a rare:chad:

Users who are viewing this thread