A Capable Maid - Ch. 11

Group Leader
Did he... wanna die? I mean, seems like he's still heavily under the guilt, so maybe he kinda hope to die by the prince's hand for retribution...

Fed-Kun's army
tough friendship. can't say I blame Kiel for his choice but also can't see why he shouldn't choose his best friend. such a complicated predicament.

I don't understand. Why did Kiel side with the emperor who murdered the princess instead? Kiel and the crown prince should be on the same side since they're pained by the incident. Why did Kiel try so hard to uphold his blind loyalty to the wrong person? It just made him a bad person, with no morals and a bird brain too. Meh. He has the chance and authority to change the empire future to be better. But he just sided and choose a dictator to be his master... And betrayed his friend too. I don't see why he should keep alive in the future.

Supporter
Tell me just like a useless little dumb knickknack on a shelf that breaks easily only good at collecting dust, what difference does it have from him? Nothing. Useless, what is he going to use that impractical loyalty towards the fallen sovereign? How is he going to protect someone that way? With hopes and dreams? No. So yes it's dumb. If you can actually tell me why it is NOT then I'll give it to you but a technicality is not one, just a big middle finger to his friend.

Fed-Kun's army
@Amairani Well, firstly, the entire world, as it seems, in that universe, is filled with a system called monarchy. If he betrayed his king/emperor, he wouldn't be considered a knight anymore. That's a HUGE deal.

Woah that was kinda sad
Props to the author for being able to display such a series of emotions

Dex-chan lover
Fuck the head maid, marry Kielhan, kill the prince

Edit: didn't seem right to leave just that comment
I feel bad that the prince's sister got killed but I'm still not on his side as he's still trying to find Marie to forcibly marry him or to be killed when he's already killed her parents so fuck him

Here's my interpretation of the story. The prince was a minor prince with no power and no desire to become emperor. But the most powerful prince still wanted to eliminate his rivals, so he had his tea poisoned. But that day the princess drank it first and died instead. He blames himself for not fighting for the crown and being so powerless to protect the people he loves. Kiel and him also grow apart because of this incident, partly because the prince blames him, and partly because tragedy often does that to friendships.

When he brings his sister to the Emperor and asks him to punish the person responsible, the Emperor doesn't care and wouldn't punish the (at that time) Crown Prince for a mere princess and powerless prince. So he decides to pursue a bloody path of revenge and become Crown Prince to gain the power to punish his brother. He probably killed his brother, hence the name "Blood Prince." Due to this incident, the Prince absolutely despises callous royalty and believes that strict nonviolence is just cowardice that puts good people in danger. He likely feels no guilt in murdering the royal family of Marie's kingdom, who he called cruel previously. With Marie though, he's reminded of his sister, and would rather not have to kill an innocent royal with a benevolent reputation in pursuit of power.

Because Kiel and the Imperial Knights swear fealty to the Emperor, Kiel feels responsible to his family and position to oppose the Prince, even though personally he would rather stand at his side. To the Prince though, he doesn't want to kill his friend, and is angry that Kiel is stubbornly being a slave to the comatose Emperor who let his sister die. Hence the current dilemma. An all-round tragic circumstance, and I can understand why both feel this way.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, fuck the prince still, even if he has a tragic past that really isn't an excuse for misdeeds and I don't really see a reason why she would like him even if her family sucked and were mean to her.

Users who are viewing this thread