A Capable Maid - Ch. 41

Dex-chan lover
@goldfish178
Has anyone every made you home made cookies? You usually remember the taste. Lol. Especially that eperor guy, all he eats is ultra professional food so her decent home made stuff is probably memorable to him.

@Darkmeep too true. My mother and I make completely different (imo) biccies from the same recipe. Homemade treats really are quite unique - even more so when not done by a professional.

Thanks for the update. I know its been a while but I practically half read the story if its just Marie x any of the princess candidates. I still remember vaguely the spoilers and the story does get good but really the charm of this series for me is either Marie genuinely wanting to help people that do deserve to be helped or her scenes with the 2 guys who are interested with her. So ofc, a quarter of this chapter, I got bored with CP and Lady Rachel (practically skimmed last chapter too) but Kiel x Marie made it all better (and thanks to not just Kiel's usual blinding beauty but chibi too)

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad she doesn't want to just escape at the best opportunity, that she wants to use all the gifts she's been given for an as-yet-unknown purpose.

Dex-chan lover
STOP TRYING TO TAKE CREDIT FOR STUFF YOU DIDN'T DO RACHEL IT'S OBVIOUS AND LOOKS BAD

Dex-chan lover
Yeah.... Kiel is great and all, but I just cannot ship him with Marie for a few reasons.

One, he's TOO perfect. Rael is a lot more relatable as a person who has flaws, he feels more REAL. Kiel is so perfect that it feels fake. I might have been ok with Kiel in another story with no other main leads, but Rael is the superior choice here.

Two, Rael feels the more... useful... lead. I mean, he's always working and trying his best for the empire. You do not feel that he's just being there, posing to look pretty.

Three.... the long hair. Just no. Sorry, I understand the needs of the manga target demographic, but the IMPERIAL GUARD, whose main job is to be great at combat and to defend the emperor, with super long hair is just so stupid I have no words. Do you have an idea of how much of a problem super long hair like these would be in combat? Once more, it's a thing that makes Kiel feel "fake". A fake knight.

I have nothing against him, he just does not work for me in this story.

bitch go to an orphanage or something and help out the kids🤨

Does Rachel feel no shame??? GOSH, I am cringing at the 2nd hand embarrassment of her so blatantly lying. If she tasted those cookies, she will know that it's way better than what she would be capable of doing herself, to think she would take the credit for that so shamelessly *face palms*
I swear, taking credit for what I didn't do is one of the lowest things I can imagine doing & it makes me feel sick looking at her do that. At least Ariel is just a straight up bitch, but Rachael is a Snake :u which is worse imo

Also, this is one of those rare times that I feel absolutely no 2nd lead syndrome xD idk why but Kiel just doesn't cut it for me? I have nothing against him, but he feels a bit too perfect & sweet & smooth that it comes off feeling forced/fake. I guess that the prince is overall more interesting as well xDD

Having only seen mc with the prince for a while made me like him more but Kiel comes back and in only one chapter he's already an absolute chad.

Users who are viewing this thread