A Capable Maid - Ch. 43

Fed-Kun's army
@SourLem they are both not qualified to be a crown princess. Marie is just choosing Rachel because she promised her that she would help her and also she didn't harass Marie. She doesn't care who is the crown princess, she just wants to get out of that place. Also about her power dissapearing,it might happen in the future because lately she is doing all of this for her own gain. She got thoes powers so she can help other. So yes it may dissapear in the future.

Aggregator gang
Rachel feels like a bad person to suck up to if she wanted to get free. Rachel wouldn't let her leave her side if she became queen.

um... this was super insensitive... there are clearly a lot of references to west Asian/middle eastern cultures & religions... and they choose to make the literal only representation of that act aggressively & demonize him... not to mention he calls everyone pagans like he isn't respecting other religions... if you know literally anything about history it's pretty much like they put some white imperialist man's brain in the body of one of those imperialized countries....

TLDR: Very disrespectful, and even though this is fiction, if you are going to make very obvious and direct connections to real life cultures/religions, then do the bare minimum of research and be respectful please

That must be the first time I've seen anything Islamic portrayed in any authentic detail, ever. I mean sure, a Muslim would probably consider it worse to be left alone with a random woman, and the most important part of slaughtering is saying the name of Allah over it by someone from one of the Abrahamic faiths, but otherwise the author and translators have done a better job in one chapter than practically anything tangentially related to Islam that has ever been produced from the media industries of UK and America. Ever. So good job!

Sure, he's portrayed as an angry mob, which is about as racist as any other portrayal of a Muslim, but I suppose knowing that the Muslims have suffered under many rubbish "Muslim" leaders over history makes it feel less problematic. If it portrayed an ordinary Muslim in the same way though, that would be pretty offensive.

Thanks @MMagni and @sketchy333 though, definitely agree with your points

It's kinda sad that many Muslims would actually feel amazed at something of this level, in light of the blatant train wreck we see and dread we feel when the word 'Muslim' or 'Islam' appears, anywhere.

Dex-chan lover
How could he tell that the meat wasn't prepared correctly? He just started yelling and screaming.

Dex-chan lover
People who cant handle religion in a fictional story are too sheltered seriously.
And people who are takig it as an offence against muslims are just proving the point that they are oversensitive about religion.

Fed-Kun's army
@LordTartaros I think it was a reasonable reaction because although it's a fictional story, it's a real religion. Why couldn't the author just make a fictional religion instead of an obvious reference to a real one? Is that really too much to ask? Can you really blame Muslims for being offended over this when people have repeatedly demonized their religion? It's not called being "sensitive" when it's justified.

It can be fictional AND insensitive but I don’t expect a korean webtoon to be ‘woke’ whatever.

Im going to drop it tho, thanks translator team for translating.

Power Uploader
None is going to talk about the fact that it's a new harem member for Marie?

She's steadily building a reverse harem.

Though she will probably end up with the Crown Prince.

Fed-Kun's army
Well religion is a sensitive topic you know... you could've made fake religion since there's thousand of religion out there.. so why this one?

For people who think it didnt mention in the manhwa.. you are very wrong... some words he spouting is clearly directed to that one religion.

Well you reap what you sow I guess

Dex-chan lover
@poklpokl it's certainly true that the Muslm community has had their fair share of terrible leaders (like, what society/civilization/etc.-group of people hasn't had terrible leaders before?). but i think the problem with this character being portrayed as an aggressive and unreasonable leader is that he is the first plot-relevant Muslim-coded character we've seen in the story so far. because he's the first, he leaves a stronger bad impression than if, say, we got to see other Muslim-coded characters who are written in a more positive light alongside the envoy.

usually, comparison makes things look worse. but here, being able to see at least one other reasonable/kind/[insert positive character trait] Muslim-coded brown-skinned character would make it easier to attribute this envoy's attitude to his character rather than as a reflection of the author's unconscious bias/racism.

glad to see there are some genuinely thoughtful discussions here. i don't think i'll continue reading this though. the story feels like it's strayed too far from the initial draw/premise and this new plot is making me 😑😴

lmao. if someone gave a Muslim haram meat, they would NEVER have that reaction at all. They just wouldnt eat it . or would politely inform you.
This kinda reaction is the one western Karens have , dont just lop them in a stereotypes that actually apply to others.

I know I'm not allowed to see the villaness as cute but like

when she was hitting that pillow and nibbling

oh my god it was so cute as fukkkkkkkkkkkk

Yo, the author really thought she can use another abrahamic religion and pass it off as "another exotic kingdom with unique beliefs" and demonize them. So unoriginal and offensive. Did she really think that she could get away with that and get credit for being creative -_-

Users who are viewing this thread