A Capable Maid - Ch. 43

I was about to swoon over Kasan.. but then that happened. I hate how they portrayed him. :((( My religion is strict with food too despite us not being muslim, but we don't act like that when we are served food that we don't eat. I also had a muslim friend and we both aren't offended when people make mistakes, we just inform them.
What happened just makes us look bad just for the plot. :(((

Fed-Kun's army
hmmm his outburst is understandable
i mean first of all this guy is obviously think highly of himself he's not too humble, and since he has high position you can assume he got high and mighty attitude as well, so....when she serve him those dishes of course he would feel insulted
(before any confuse it....i didn't say it's ok to behave like that but it's understandable where it came from)

I'm surprised that the author actually studied a bit about Islam so they can write this, yes the food mentioned here as haram for Muslims is right, but since the author studied it they may as well have studied their manners, dressing and religious activities such as prayers and fasting, it's enough that the big headgear that the high officials of Islamic countries used to wear on their head was actually the piece of cloth they get wrapped in when they die (used instead of coffins in Islam) so they stay humble knowing death can come by any moment.

Well, in our religion (islam). We not that mad if orther people who not same religion do something like that. We still respect them and reject the food in good/kind manners. We have a manners rule too you know, of course it's included the visiting manners, we respect the host.

this is my first time reading a manga/manhwa that has my religion in it AND I WAS SO HAPPY! I LOVE THE AUTHOR😌😌😩✋🏻

I admit it, I couldn't help it. When I saw the panel with him on the elephant, I started singing Prince Ali.

@Seseizenzen Nowadays, perhaps. A common quality of people who grow up entirely enshrouded by a single culture is that they come to assume that the elements of that culture are "common sense" and known by everyone. In the kind of era this takes place, I find this kind of reaction quite believable, especially since the nation in question is noted to be very insular.

Well, if you get engage to the crown prince and get married to him.. The empire will be doomed.

I dont find it disrespectful, though. When i first heard about other religion's customs, i also thought of "why?". I understand that they're just not used to it. I honestly find it very respectful that the author put a research on the laws, as it is actually how its written in textbooks. Also, tbh I have seen people having outbursts being served haram food so it doesnt surprise me. Although in this case they should have expected these occurences in foreign countries (which obv dont apply nor understand the same rules). As a side note, I'm certified in halal assurance for credibility purpose

Read Sultan's Love in Mangaowl for those who wanted a ML with similar appearance as Kasan. It's a romance story but has an ecchi tag so it's not here ✌🏻✌🏻

props to the author for doing research on another religion's food customs, but the mannerisms are portrayed quite disrespectfully imo :/ i have muslim friends and they're literally the sweetest people ever

Contributor
This will be a running joke, the prince asking her if she did it herself.

Users who are viewing this thread