A Capable Maid - Ch. 8

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@crustlessbread

Pretty sure those people in her vision are dead. Lie about their existence in their current time period such as "Oh. This brown haired woman i have never seen before played the piano." is only going to make

1. The people looking for her 'grab' her anyway if only to use her to identify the talented individual. Thus she embarks on an endless mission.
2. They do an investigation and find out she is lying. Heads fly. Profit.

@Pocky8

She didn't lie especially if you use exact words. She didn't see anyone when she entered the room and when she left the room.
She saw someone when she was walking away from the room but not when she left.

She didn't see herself as well because there is no mirror. Also looking into his eyes is probably a way to show that she is not lying. (though it had the unintended effect of making him interested in her.)

Wait, so does she get to keep the abilities she take on even after the job is done?

@Nep What I mean, a maid looking directly into the eyes of royalty is a bit... they don't do that. Period.
You and @WhimsiCat are right. Details, details... :D

Double-page supporter
Thanking for the translation before that guy complains about something PepeLaugh

My bet is that she's going to channel Florence Nightingale or another famous female doctor later on if the Prince gets sick or poisoned. just a guess though

The trend I sometimes see with characters not being able to recognize people even though all they’re wearing is a half mask kind of ticks me off. Even though there’s hair, eyes, body, and voice to compare with. Also it kind of disappoints be that Marie didn’t even consider the guy from the night to be the prince, not even a thought about it (she mentioned his eyes but she still couldn’t connect the dots).

@Kayuki That is so true! I don't even understand how they CAN'T recognize each other. He looks basically the same with a mask on, it's not that difficult to figure it out. And I get that the prince is not considering Marie as a possibility as she's a maid and social stereotypes but STILL!! It's way too suspicious and he still can't figure it out. He'll probably find out soon, but oh god, use your brain!
Not disliking the slower pace tho. I hate it when the author speeds through it like mad.

Thanks for the chapter tho! Really appreciate the hard work and effort put in! Thank you so much for doing this series!

Fed-Kun's army
I was just gonna say... she should've acted scared. sheesh.

@Kayuki ahh same!! The eyes were such a defining factor from when they first met. She should've recognized it even if it wasn't filled with bloodlust. 😖

OBJECTION! If she actually hears the piece, as a maid, shouldn't she come back and check out who is in the room? Yet she was going the opposite way.

Group Leader
Wonder why she would be panic to play the piano. She have mozart in her head. Could play some simple or kids music with simple note and call it a day.

she needs to lay low if she doesn't want to be discovered. They already know the "angel" sculptor is a woman it's only a matter of time before they connect the dots that it's similar to the princess' past deeds. She's in danger of being found out. I feel like the ML is going to be prince but it says in the description that this is a harem?

"I need to make sure that he(The Prince) doesn't recognize me"
~Marie
"I should keep an eye on her now"
~Prince Rael

gurl,
TASK SUCCESFULLY FAILED

Clearly the author has never even touched an instrument before. Why would it be hard to pretend to not know how to play the piano? Just poke a few keys and look confused. All the characters make it sound like knowing how to play an instrument forces you to always play well lmao

So, this girl has always appeared as someone with low self esteem and a lack of confidence. Why is she able to have "clear" eyes in front of the prince? She should be scared shouldn't she?

I feel like she should've been visibly afraid and the prince should have let her go because he though she didn't know anything and he felt bad for her.

@smoothestbrain ikr like dude pianist here, been playing for a long time but it's not hard to make it sound like crap lmao the author makes it sound like if you know how to play the piano literally everything you do is a masterpiece lmaoooo

Users who are viewing this thread