A Certain Middle-Aged Man's VRMMO Activity Log

its a bit weird that this isnt an isekai, but its great that it also isnt. im tired of reading the same trope like getting stuck in a vr world and getting a harem.

well hopefully they would add more chapters its already been 2 months since the last update

looks like something happend to lairends site awhile ago, seems another group helped pick up this series with lairend helping out but still 4 mons and no update, hopefully another group picks this up less this gets sent to the fjords like alot of other manga

I just need to learn how to translate the raws of this(dunno where to get) then i could have updated this . I love this Manga

I knowledgeable in PS

Dex-chan lover
Does anybody know what chapter the WN is compared to the current scanlated manga?

Double-page supporter
For now, I only noticed one thing that doesn't work. He is playing regularly, every day. However, he is working too. As such it doesn't make sense that he is able to show up "every day" (in-game) when they last 3h (stated in the first chapters).
In other words, from their standpoint (in-game) he is sleeping several days in a row.
That aside, I love this manga :D (Even though, some rules about that RPG are a bit tough to understand from a video game standpoint. Well, it is in the future so I won't complain :p )

Dex-chan lover
@Chabert

sometimes manga adaptation explanation fails to actually convey what was originally in the novel/source material.... I did read the web novel way-way back (but like only vol 1-2 something) and I totally forgot a lot of things at this point... so can't say anything for the current arc.

but maybe he took some paid or unpaid leave for the war event duration? I'm not sure myself...

Double-page supporter
@no168_92 He is in the game "every day" from the start. When he traveled with Zetan (beginning of the fairy kingdom) he was waking up every day. Days last 3 hours and nights last 2 hours. Not practical when it comes to sleep/work. Sometimes people are expecting him "tomorrow" (Fairy Queen, Zetan, inn owners from the Loong kingdom, etc.)

Dex-chan lover
@Chabert

maybe he works from home? was it ever mentioned what he worked as?

I know Jpn has this commute working mentality/lifestyle, but this is fiction/set slightly in the future after all....

While I can see the problem, what shown can also be not continuous consecutive days, maybe a burst of 2-3 days in-game shown in a single manga chap....

adaptation usually mess things up... unless you specifically record things with date or time....

well, just enjoy the story I guess, overthinking it won't take us anywhere... :)

Dex-chan lover
This went from a slow slice of life type story to something completely different in pretty much no time at all, I miss the original theme.

Double-page supporter
@no168_92 I enjoy it, no problem. I only mention the fact that that the pace is impossible. We're told he is working and playing at night (mentioned when an update is released), from the in-game character point of view, several days must happen between each answer. He is playing several hours, to begin with, and you can't work when you stop every 2 hours to play xD

Anyway, I guess the author simply forgot that detail (Real-life days & in-game days don't have the same length).

@Chabert , the biggest problem is when the wn/ln go to manga and they leave out the original details they gave and explanation or skip things entirely for costs/quick release sake, what sucks is these authors get official deals then erase/stop the wn, its understandable to some extent but going over to alphapolis or forcing the ln for fans is a difficult decision that cuts off alot of previous readers and talk, that said some who get picked up make sure they can still publish freely on a site or other sites for fans to keep up viewers and readers and just put extra/ln first content for buyers but the wn keeps going to some extent, that said with this manga the better scenario is going with the manga that maybe the original company for the game is either connected or pays him for the online activity to interact with the ai's when it seems he is taking alot of time online

Double-page supporter
@bigstew00 Please, use dots. It was complicated to read it ^^'
As for your concerns, I understand that a lot of details are lost when they move from WN to Manga. However, it was not my concern. I came to read a manga that I appreciate and notice that there is that one little detail that doesn't make sense. As for your theory, it is clearly stated that he is an outsider. He doesn't work for them or at least not the department related to the game. His connexion with the AIs is a matter of luck. He was picked to meet both elves AI because of his previous behavior and the fact that among the players he met, some of them are executives/researchers from the company. (Probably among Zwei's part).

Users who are viewing this thread