A Cool Girl and a 12cm Promise - Ch. 1 - The Promise

So I'm glad this got serialised but I think the addition of a pinky promise with their first meeting is worse than the pre-serialised version.

In the pre-serialised version tomo took an interest early but their first meeting is something an innocent child might say to anyone who's sad about being tall. Her reaction is implied to her thinking this kid is weird but not thinking too much about it. Its implied that later this mundane moment becomes very special to her. He becomes cool to her as he becomes her friend, her knight and her biggest supporter of her being herself.

Here the moment feels unnatural lashing out is supposed to be a sign of her trauma regarding her looks and abilities but is a weird reaction to a kid you've just met trying to comfort her and weirder for her to earnestly pinky promise with someone she has no reason to trust. Also suggesting the pinky promise is weird for tomo why does he want her to believe him they've just met and he's unaware of the bullying she's experienced???

I appreciate more of them as kids but it needed spacing out. First meeting he tells her he'll be taller and cooler than her when they grow up and she says nothing. Next day he runs up to her because they are friends now to her surprise, he gets teased for being around her but he shakes it off easily whilst she lashes out at him for drawing attention to her, that's when he makes the pinky promise.

Dex-chan lover
Yay congrats to the author for the serialization ! Thanks for keeping the translation up for us too :D !

Dex-chan lover
Yeah... This is just yaoi with extra steps.
You're not really wrong. Traps and Reverse Traps are just guys and girls drawn as guys and girls but said to be the opposite, that's always how they've been and authors don't go any further with it because it's too much effort to let the natural, physical distinctions exist in their design but still try to convey some form of androgyny.

Dex-chan lover
So cool! But my cool is bigger than your cool, so I hope you're cool with that

Dex-chan lover
Handsome girl
69d.jpg

Dex-chan lover
The new name caught me off guard. 12 cm seems kinda small for a promise. Definitely below average.

Double-page supporter
I’ve been following this comic since like chapter two of its preserialization. I’m in love with it, but I think the title sounds too much like a penis euphemism

Users who are viewing this thread