A Girl on the Shore

Somebody's been triggered and gave it a swift "5.00", because HURTZ. I don't even know why there is a rating option here. You can't have nice things.

Supporter
I think that's nonsense. So you want people to agree with what you like, or else we can't have good things? Is one not allowed to dislike things because they are too graphic or portray things you don't wanna see? I gave 4 to a Kago Shintaro manga because I felt it to be disgusting. So, should I change that because other people do like Shintaro Kago?
Not to mention that I don't see how you can know where the "5" comes from. Either I am not looking properly, or that person could have given that rating for many reasons.
PD: Do not take me wrong, I love Inio Asano and I like seeing them fucking and depressed.

Supporter
To you who may or may not read this in the future know one thing. It's Asano Inio - just read between the lines and use the narrative as a framework and you'll get the point.

People change, life is temporal, the mundane is driven by a sea of emotions, and like that the storm comes and goes.

Even the simple is fascinating when looked at with the right lens.

I read this months ago and was pretty confused behind the message since it was apparently based on a popular Japanese work titled, "Kafka ~ The Shore", but after getting a better grasp on the narrative it's a really short and realistic story.

Like the narrative portrays, life is akin to a shore that brings along a new wave of emotions, people, experiences, and etc, every day that you never intended to find in the first place. The underlying point is that you never truly expected to find what you were looking for to begin with since life just rolls through the motions like a sea that sweeps the shore and carries new things along with it. At least that's the message I kind of got from the story anyhow.

Ten out of ten buildup!! Incredible build up and rising tension up until the climax... then you get whiplash and are left feeling so unfulfilled. Excellent storytelling!

Dex-chan lover
Art is top notch, pacing was good, ecchi af (pretty much hentai), wish it could have gone on a bit longer, but the story said pretty much everything it needed to say. Life goes on, etc, etc...

...but yeah, if you read this expecting your ships to work out, don't get your hopes up.

My kokoro hurts like hell... I didn't expect anything else from asano inio tho, the guy must hate decent endings with a passion!

Fed-Kun's army
A note to whoever is going to read next; don't read the comments, just go straight to the story. Finish that and then come back.

Very realistic story besides the smut, the smut was very off the wall. But the writing and characters we're so good and real. I'd give this a 7.7.

Users who are viewing this thread