A Girl Who Can't Speak Thinks "She Is Too Kind." - Vol. 2 Ch. 20 - Summer Goals

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter! Character development for everyone is a blessing.

Repeat after me! Say yo! TMD! TMD! Towa-sama Maji Daitenshi

So is anyone else kinda weirded out by the fact that she never uses sign language when she doesn't have access to her notebook? Like, presumably she knows how to sign, and if her friends wanted to be able to talk to her they'd learn how to sign too?

Thanks for the translation! Never to late to start making good memories and living your life.

@sereminar Kind of odd for a girl in her situation, but she may think she can just get by with her notebook. She may not want to bother her friends with learning sign language, it is pretty difficult to learn beyond fingerspelling letters. Fingerspelling is also slower than just writing it out. She honestly may have never learned sign language in the first place. Since she can hear and write she can get by without it, and unless she went to a school for the deaf no one would know it either.

You actually sent me down a bit of a rabbit hole, it turns out that complex forms of sign language developed naturally among deaf communities and have little in common with spoken languages. British Sign Language and American Sign Language are unintelligible to one another, and ASL apparently has syntax closer to Japanese than English. If anyone finds themselves with some free time the wikipedia article is worth a read.

Aggregator gang
@sereminar that would be kind of useless since she is going to a normal school and i highly doubt any person would know about it unless they have special circumstances and like any language it cant be picked easily also writing is faster.

Users who are viewing this thread