A Livid Lady's Guide to Getting Even: How I Crushed My Homeland with My Mighty Grimoires - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
It disappeared? Then that's not a cost. That's just a "beacon" mark signifying that the spell was still active.
Casting spells uses MP, that'd still count as 'cost' even though you can recover.

Or would a magic that requires blood usage not count as 'cost' just because you can heal the wound/recover later?

Also her maid (who was in the know of her true power) was still worried about it until it disappeared so there's implication that it's not merely cosmetic effect.

Dex-chan lover
Casting spells uses MP, that'd still count as 'cost' even though you can recover.

Or would a magic that requires blood usage not count as 'cost' just because you can heal the wound/recover later?

Also her maid (who was in the know of her true power) was still worried about it until it disappeared so there's implication that it's not merely cosmetic effect.
Bro, you quoted my comment talking about the possible existence of a price that would act as the limit of her using that grimoire of her because the potential was OP. So we are not talking about simple cost like MP. She didn't use any blood when she used that grimoire multiple times before, so it's not the price. I didn't read the raw so I'd admit my mistake of saying that it's simply a mark, but that mark/injury was the cost of that specific curse magic, not the cost of using the grimoire right? So it can't be used as an example like you said.

Dex-chan lover
Bro, you quoted my comment talking about the possible existence of a price that would act as the limit of her using that grimoire of her because the potential was OP. So we are not talking about simple cost like MP. She didn't use any blood when she used that grimoire multiple times before, so it's not the price. I didn't read the raw so I'd admit my mistake of saying that it's simply a mark, but that mark/injury was the cost of that specific curse magic, not the cost of using the grimoire right? So it can't be used as an example like you said.

There's implication of cost/limit enough that she's not just willy nilly pulling them out.

She has 7 grimoires, and she's commonly only using a few. Even this chapter stated her trusted maid only knows 4 of them.
Meaning 3 of them are either so costly/powerful that she doesn't even tell her most trusted person about it.
EDIT: Even back in ch 1 there's possible question of why didn't she have her maid's illusion registered and skip the need for her maid to cast it.

She didn't 'cast a curse' from a grimoire like the stored spells one, the curse IS the grimoire's effect, and same with the wound on her hand.
The reader only know it disappears 'if' the target dies, but not what happen if the target stay alive longer/overcome the effect.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
There's implication of cost/limit enough that she's not just willy nilly pulling them out.

She has 7 grimoires, and she's commonly only using a few. Even this chapter stated her trusted maid only knows 4 of them.
Meaning 3 of them are either so costly/powerful that she doesn't even tell her most trusted person about it.
EDIT: Even back in ch 1 there's possible question of why didn't she have her maid's illusion registered and skip the need for her maid to cast it.

She didn't 'cast a curse' from a grimoire like the stored spells one, the curse IS the grimoire's effect, and same with the wound on her hand.
The reader only know it disappears 'if' the target dies, but not what happen if the target stay alive longer/overcome the effect.
I see. I thought we were still talking about the same grimoire and that the curse thingy was a stored spell. I didn't realize that you were actually talking about a different grimoire. You just used the cost/limit from a different grimoire as an example of possible cost, because from what I take the author still didn't mention the cost/limit of using the "stored spells" grimoire.

Dex-chan lover
I see. I thought we were still talking about the same grimoire and that the curse thingy was a stored spell. I didn't realize that you were actually talking about a different grimoire. You just used the cost/limit from a different grimoire as an example of possible cost, because from what I take the author still didn't mention the cost/limit of using the "stored spells" grimoire.
although nothing is said, clearly there is some kind of limitation seeing as she didn't have her maid's illusion magic stored despite how convenient it is.

Dex-chan lover
How hard would I have to pray to make this go the yuri route with Elizabeth and her maid?

Double-page supporter
Is there anyone to take the serie? No news from the original team since 8 months

Users who are viewing this thread