A Parallel World With a 1:39 Male to Female Ratio Is Unexpectedly Normal - Ch. 149 - The Fourth Guard Student

Dex-chan lover
I didn't have any intention to pick up the series, I just wanted to give it a try since it seems like no one else was. Like I said, when you first upload something with no group the staff will take a day or two to check it to ensure it's not trolling or spam or anything. So while I uploaded them yesterday, luigy's got posted while they were in that review process, and thus I asked mine to be taken down. My japanese isn't very good as you've seen, but I did have a lot of fun editing and writing. When I've gotten more confident in my JP skill I'll probably look for some series that's long been abandoned.
Respect to you, my man. Hope you get a lot better and pick up one of the abandoned series I have on my reading list.

Dex-chan lover
Luigi's first page is the closest to right (Minus the retarded "Don't y'all be bothering"). She really was scolding them for causing him trouble first thing in the morning. It's just that she used very standard, neutral Japanese to say it, while this guy decided she was actually a country hick.

Devyyy got the part about the sister deciding to be the guard closest to right. The line was something akin to a "It looks like it falls on to me, his sister, to protect Sou" She was relatively grandiose with her language.

The next line goes to Luigi(ish), since he does wonder why he's wearing the uniform, and he even corrects himself halfway through when saying what school it's from. But Luigi doesn't understand plurals and context in Japanese, so he only translated her as having one club.

Page 3? @Devvyy , The second line's a bit off, but the line was the infamous adjective bomb, which needs re-writing to make sense in English anyway.

Page 4 again goes to Devvy , with @luigiymario2 confusing やっば~ with やっぱ~ , (The "wow" that got turned into "I knew it"), likely due to how tiny the diacritic was.

Though Luigi gets credit for doing the last line in that page better. The term used was 非常識 which is something like "absurd" rather than "outrageous", but then while Devvyy used a better word, he phrased it worse.

Page 5, Sou telling her to go to college was a mixed bag. He was reassuring her that he'd be fine, then told her to go to college like normal instead of coming along.

I'll give Luigi's "rest assured" the win for the next line, since she spoke more formally, which needs more formal language in English to reflect it. I would have gone with "Worry not!", but that's just me.

The line about the credits goes straight to Luigi. Not only does it read better, it also clearly reflects how she said it in Japanese. Same for the next line. The exact wording is "出撃コスト重ッ", but now we're just getting into the weeds of what the exact perfect analogue is in English. Could it be done better? Maybe. But then I'd need to think about it more.

Page 6 goes to Luigi. No problems a quick scan alerted me to.

Why though? :meguuusad:
Oh damn so are you a translator? Why don't you apply to join that group?

I didn't have any intention to pick up the series, I just wanted to give it a try since it seems like no one else was. Like I said, when you first upload something with no group the staff will take a day or two to check it to ensure it's not trolling or spam or anything. So while I uploaded them yesterday, luigy's got posted while they were in that review process, and thus I asked mine to be taken down. My japanese isn't very good as you've seen, but I did have a lot of fun editing and writing. When I've gotten more confident in my JP skill I'll probably look for some series that's long been abandoned.
If you ever need help, I'm available. I can suggest tools, and webpages to help with translating. I also don't mind proofreading the odd chapter here and there.
insert crying baby noises

Imagine being this offended by people translating something you're also translating. The audacity! How dare they?!
Who cares if it's already being translated by someone? Who cares if it's MTL? Japanese is a hard language, people have to start somewhere.

I wonder how many potential translators y'all have scared off with your toxic entitlement hidden behind "etiquette". To anyone complaining: I hope your favorite abandoned manga stays abandoned forever, lol.

@Devvyy I've read worse MTLs. While it's certainly not the best, it's good enough to read and only idiots would demand perfection from someone just starting out. Don't let these idiots kill your motivation. If you want to TL, TL.
My eyes had glazed over when I saw the giant image, so I didn't realize it was Luigi throwing another shit fit.
Oh damn so are you a translator? Why don't you apply to join that group?
A) I'm already translator for Orchid of the Moon.
B) I'm doing a bunch of series independently too.
C) Luigi is a manchild. Not only is he bad at the job, but he feels so entitled to series he does, that he thinks "dibs" are enough for a series to be considered "taken".
C.1) Luigi's hated me ever since I took over Cheeky Gyaru after noticing his shoddy work.

Exhibit A: https://forums.mangadex.org/threads...148-victims-of-delusion.1824859/post-22253290

Last edited:
Not that I don’t appreciate the effort of the other groups picking up this manga, I just can’t believe the amount of chaos caused just by heatmanga not continuing this series o7

Double-page supporter
If you ever need help, I'm available. I can suggest tools, and webpages to help with translating. I also don't mind proofreading the odd chapter here and there.

My eyes had glazed over when I saw the giant image, so I didn't realize it was Luigi throwing another shit fit.

A) I'm already translator for Orchid of the Moon.
B) I'm doing a bunch of series independently too.
C) Luigi is a manchild. Not only is he bad at the job, but he feels so entitled to series he does, that he thinks "dibs" are enough for a series to be considered "taken".
C.1) Luigi's hated me ever since I took over Cheeky Gyaru after noticing his shoddy work.
Thank you, I appreciate that very much. Just doing Genki can get monotonous after a while so trying my hand at something practical has actually helped me learn. Obviously I fill in the gaps with deepl or dictionaries but I feel like I'm starting to get the general idea of what I'm reading, Kanji absent furigana aside, so while it's not really accurate the gist is there.

Not that I don’t appreciate the effort of the other groups picking up this manga, I just can’t believe the amount of chaos caused just by heatmanga not continuing this series o7
Yeah honestly this whole thing has been a bit embarrassing haha, I was trying to find a way to cancel the upload once I saw the other group put it up but no dice.

Group Leader
Ah it's nothing like that, I just thought it would be fun while waiting for the actual group, who's now here. If anything I'm more motivated than ever to start doing this as a hobby, but I'll wait until I'm somewhat fluent in JP first.
Fine, unblocked lmao, it's just everyone wants to pick a fight with me when it comes to sniping the series I work on so I can't just be arsed to know the context behind every sniping upload, cheers lol.

Group Leader
Thank you, I appreciate that very much. Just doing Genki can get monotonous after a while so trying my hand at something practical has actually helped me learn. Obviously I fill in the gaps with deepl or dictionaries but I feel like I'm starting to get the general idea of what I'm reading, Kanji absent furigana aside, so while it's not really accurate the gist is there.

Yeah honestly this whole thing has been a bit embarrassing haha, I was trying to find a way to cancel the upload once I saw the other group put it up but no dice.
Quick tutorial to delete an upload:
go to the main page of the manga and then on the uploaded chapter you'll see this:
1721760559738.png
After you click on it this next screen appears:
1721760581192.png
And you can just click on delete chapter on each individual upload.

Users who are viewing this thread