A random Passerby's note to the community, to MangaDex, and to the scanlators.

@Arlo

The only arrogant person is you and person who created this post you talk like you're one of the leader group or mdstaff that involve in recent drama.. you just being nossy.. this has been discussed MANY TIME and it pointless if you think this can make ppl think twice.. it can be stop only if one of the involved party deal it with responsibility not blaming mdex for their own decision.

not to mention one of the group involved shameless talking about moral when they MUCH WORSE THAN SNIPER

@momokawebtoon, MD and the scanlators aren’t the only people involved in the drama, there are the readers who only want to read in peace, the people supporting either MD or the groups, and third party people trying to clarify, spread awareness, and dissolve confusion (note that all the third parties aren’t meant to be bundled together).

Arlo in question here isn’t being per se arrogant, he’s just simply and bluntly expressing his thoughts and observations about OP’s post.

and OP is just expressing his thoughts and possible recommendations for this site and previously mentioned drama.

When online think about the possible moods and expressions people are making in real life.

btw it’s not like we’re hoping to stop this drama.

@Phaestos True, most people like to pretend there's nothing wrong. In this case the drama affected many of us though, so I don't think pretending it's not a problem anymore, even though nothing was fixed, is going to help anybody, least of all us readers. There is not much I can do about that anymore though. So I went and wrote a post that maybe can help somebody prevent their turn at the crap cannon.

@Arlo Thanks for your insights. Yeah, spot on, people do tend to be extremely rigid in their thinking and opinions. Anything that challenges their viewpoint, as @momokawebtoon just showed, will be attacked with no regards to facts or truth.

@Random_Passer-by Hah.

@momokawebtoon Dude, I was hit by this drama pretty hard. Since I enjoy quite a bit of Isekai, a TON of the manga I was reading got pulled. So yeah, I am definitely not nosy, I have got to say something to try and stop this stupidity from happening again. It being likely a useless effort is no excuse not to try anyway. Bridges were built by failure after failure, until somebody figured out how to direct the tension.

Double-page supporter
Yes, I think by now a lot of us can agree this has gotten rather old by now. People got too used to the comfort of everything on one easy-to-use site or just enjoy the banter too much even after it got stale. Stop being self-entitled babies and move on, no point to keep bitching about it now when it's all done.

@Hamin Aggregator sites are not going away, because they fill a niche. There's power to be had by being one, so they're here to stay. That's why, saying that people got to used to having them is actually destructive, because you imply that using them is immoral. If you make that case, which aggregator sites do you think would be more affected? The ones that shit on everybody, or the ones that attempt to stay ethical?

Double-page supporter
My implication is merely based off the fact convenient aggregator sites were not always around and now people take it for granted since a lot of the complaints were 'boohoo I don't want to go to another site to read a manga I get for free'. Most of them like kissmanga are appalling to use anyways, haven't had a good experience reading manga there in years. MD is convenient, has very good user interface, and frankly the community can be quite fun (depending on what series comment section you're posting on). I wasn't talking about the morality of the situation nor was I suggesting the aggregator sites to disappear.

this getting dragging for an overused issue and i really don't want to say anything about it. WHO ARE YOU wanted give 'stranger 'advice' for?? do you think this post will have any effect whatever you want? impossible. you cannot stop drama but the ppl involved can avoid it (if they 'mature' enough).

@Hamin Yeah, I used to use MU way back when you still had to download almost all chapters from IRC servers. But if you think about it, MU used to be just another aggregator site. Sites like Onemanga, mangafox, kissmanga, etc., started expanding only AFTER the linking capabilities of MU were neutered.
No matter how you look at it, aggregator sites have been around for almost two decades now (I think MU was founded shortly after 2000). The fact that people take these sites for granted means they're a very good business opportunity. To complain about that is a step backwards, because again, the ones you empower with that statement are not the ones that respect any kind of ethic, but instead the ones that will take aggressive advantage of any holes that open up. So yeah, you may not have intended to make any sort of moral statement (and intent is after all important, so you got the right to say that obviously), but you still should at least be aware that even if it was unintentional, it's part of your statement too.

Double-page supporter
Nah that's just putting words into my mouth. For someone so interested in preventing further drama you sure are ready to instigate. But, I can appreciate the sentiment of attempting to elucidate viewpoints as we move forward so that proper guidlines can be established and nothing gets abused. Good luck with that.

@Hamin Here's the thing. You want me to not "put words into your mouth", but turn around and do that yourself in your very next sentence?

Dex-chan lover
MU stop filling their function when they decided to remove links to the groups sites, at that point it was just "hey, this got translated" were I was supposed to keep track of every group page and thats why they ceased to work because it only gave half the information.

@Exile Yeah, that's also when sites like Mangafox started to get big. All the people that had been using MU for years had nowhere to go except Onemanga, which closed down soon after. Took a while for batoto to come around, so those unethical aggregator sites had plenty of time to take advantage and grow big.
We don't want something like that happening again, so we need to make sure sites like MD don't shoot themselves in the foot by inaction or wrong action at the wrong time.

IDK

hmmm.... i had fun reading this.. hehe. and hope in the future no more drama. just let MD and Scanlators do their job just prepare for the outcome ppl... just let them be.... idk wat im saying rly 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Group Leader
Drama will always stay IMO. Either vs Aggregator, vs fellow scanslators, vs leechers and such.

People wont be satisfied.

Remember PROzess? Dude work so fast and leechers still demand more.

http://blackwingscans.blogspot.com/2011/07/towards-future.html

Users who are viewing this thread