A Returner's Magic Should Be Special - Vol. 1 Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
I like this guy's character. I mean he's not (currently) a good guy. But he at least has motive and would make a fine villain or eventual ally.

For all the critics here, you gotta understand that this mentality would be a genuine part of history albeit somewhat inaccurate. Although some of the history is vague I’m sure it might be developed over time. Thanks for the chappie!

Dex-chan lover
Ya know, it makes me wonder if there was some kind of powerplay between the nobility... rile up the commoners under him to make them hate their ruler enough to do an uprising.
Granted, based on the general behavior and demeanor of the nobility in this world, I honestly think they did have damn good reason to kill him. Just, they may have not thought of rebelling without someone on the outside pushing.

Fed-Kun's army
You as an innocent child does not know your family is a fucking corrupt.

Then you see karma killing your fucking corrupt piece of shit family

now you become corrupt yourself cause you are corrupt to begin with.

Then because history repeats itself.. that fucking stupid noble will become a trashcan for "wet" wipes

*Looks at comments on Noble generalization*
...Did no one read A Tale of Two Cities for their classes or something? You all do realize the dangers of that sort of rebellion right? Has my homie Marie Antoinette's death really not put into perspective the madness rampant generalizations can bring?

Aggregator gang
It is a problem with revolutions, during the initial period after the battles are won, the victors tend to act just as badly as those they overthrew. The French Revolution is an excel;lent example. As is the Russian Revolution.

Atrocity begets atrocity, vengeance begets vengeance.

This is also true in regard to wars between countries.
It is a truism that the peace established after the First World War ended laid the groundwork for the environment that allowed those who seized power in Germany and Italy just prior to the Second World War to do so. The peace treaty was explicitly punitive. It was set up to place Germany in an inferior trade position, to cripple their economy, to make them suffer. To insure that they remained an enemy, just one that they believed to be incapable of posing a viable threat.

The peace treaty following the Second World War shows that someone actually learned from that, to an extent.

Anyway, in the world of this Manga, the Nobility abused their position, the Commoners' finally said, "Enough!" and overthrew them, but then proceeded to commit Crimes against Humanity themselves. Rinse & Repeat.

Double-page supporter
Of course noble like to keep their model the one with commoners isn't perfect too.
Because it require educated people and goodwill of them to assume power without personal interest.

Dex-chan lover
ohhh, that's what happened. Interesting. Nobles will be a thing of the past very soon, hopefully sooner.

Dex-chan lover
Violent revolutions/rebellions in our own history have shown that the losing side will largely be executed, without regard as to their contributions to the battles or to the situation that incited the conflict in the first place.

In this case, it might be assumed that the father was guilty by association, since he was a noble.
There is also potential for him to have actually been a bad person, mostly due to the yelled statement of "Because of you, I lost my son!"
That being said, the other statements given by the angry mob are all more applicable to a generalization of "noble = evil by default", which would make this a non-justified lynching.

Overall, we don't have nearly enough information to make any reasonable judgement about the father and it looks like the author is not too keen on providing this information anytime soon.

Dex-chan lover
Just saying, because there seem to be people that don't understand that, but when a revolution happens, or any drastic change in the power structure really, the place holder of power that is being discarded needs to be killed as a simbol of change and to stop them from raising into power again afterwards, basicly reinforcing the morale of those that will go through hard times untill things get stable again and to stop a revange attack from those that were dethroned.

from what I cold tell @izayamikaelis sure his hatred is justified but it's possible that his father got it coming to him.
Or maybe it was just unjust hatred to him as he is a noble.
But as far as we know the nobles in this world are the type of nobles who look down on others.

Fed-Kun's army
@tony246 You're expecting people to fight human predatory instincts and personal flaws in order to overcome The Scapegoat Principle. A nice ideal, but usually a losing proposition.

Dex-chan lover
@Aerovia

There's an old...story? proverb? something like that, which works for this. There was a merchant who, everyday, would come home and beat his wife and child. He would starve them, bruise them, and other things you might imagine. However, one day he died. The whole city mourned his death, as he was an upstanding and charitable merchant. One's public face has little to do with the private.

@Merilirem

yes, that's true. Indifference to abuse inherently sides with the abuser. The one with more power in a relationship benefits when no one intervenes and, as a head of state or an agent of law, it would have been his responsibility to prevent that. Though powerful people would twist law in their favor, it's purpose is to prevent those with some form of power from abusing those without. If you are given the power of state over people and refuse to prevent that, then your power over them is an injustice.

For all of you who said we don't know if the noble did anything wrong. On page 12 it said "Because of you, I lost my son". directed at the noble.

Users who are viewing this thread