A Silent Country - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
Actually supporting differently abled people means letting them pursue the professions they find rewarding. Deaf people in "The Country of Equality" obviously had no one truly advocating on their behalf, since no one bothered to ask them why they worked at the factory. The society simply assumed that they must be forced to work there, because obviously Deaf people wouldn't have agency, right?

True equality means recognizing everyone's humanity. It means seeing them for who they really are, not just what we imagine them to be.

That's really fucking dumb for once. I get the message but it really would be great if the story wasn't ridiculous.
Like, why is it a problem that deaf people work in a mandrake factory ? I guess the answer is "because otherwise the story doesn't work" because apart from that, there is none.
He really could've come with a more believable scenario there i think which would've made his argument stronger...

Dex-chan lover
How isn't this believable when we already live in a world where personal gains overweigh universal truth?

Group Leader
@CursedLight

The Mandrake farm symbolizes the benefit of giving agency to Deaf people, because they cannot hear their screams and die from it. It can be substituted to ANYTHING.

Dex-chan lover
How the fuck is using deaf people for mandrake extraction a cruel act? If anything, using them is very smart and also decreases the risk of injury.

Mandrakes can scream to the point of killing someone, and using people that could hear is asking for them to die. Using deaf people not only reduces that risk, it also provides the hearing impaired a way to earn money in a world that's already harsh on people who have disabilities

Double-page supporter
@CursedLight the bad part is that it happens in real work. Just an example: people against sheep shaving. A sheep need to be shaved or else the wool accumulate too much and they die of heat stroke or are trapped in stick. Another example: in France, at one point an "ecolo" group destroyed an OGM field because they considered OGM to be bad to health. Except that the field in question was for research purpose on how it affected health.

Sure it's not people, but while I don't have an example right now with people, I am sure it exist. People can easily have their narrow view of things and only want to feel good about themselves by hypocrisy, without looking further.

Wow, this seems really stupid. Also why the fuck is everything this guy makes so β€œtrAgic”

For anyone that saying this manga is stupid or such. I think you not get the point. This probably political message manga that critique people that saying "oH ItS CruEl tO ShEeR ShEeP WoOl" without really understand what they are thinking in bigger spectrum. Its really good manga you just not get it

I just realize the meaning of this manga after @Ovnidemon point it out. Thanks :D

Fed-Kun's army
@Ovnidemon @chinny23 surely the anti-shearers entire point is that we couldn't keep such sickly animals, or indeed probably any animals at all. there is also no "bigger spectrum" to sheep shearing. it's just an inferior textile product that's entirely replaceable, and the people getting paid for it should get honest jobs instead.

Dex-chan lover
When the deaf niggas snapped: πŸ‘πŸ‘‰πŸ‘βœŒοΈπŸ‘‹πŸ‘ŽβœŒοΈβœŠπŸ‘†πŸ‘‡πŸ––πŸ‘†βœŠπŸ‘πŸ‘†πŸ‘†πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘‹πŸ‘‡πŸ‘βœ‹πŸ‘†πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘†βœŠπŸ‘ˆ
Sorry I had to do it

@Ovnidemon
Yes i know about these. And the reason given is basically "because it's cruel to the animal", there is an actual reason as to why they want to do that, although it is a very ignorant one.
For OGM, it would be "because chemicals = bad" which is another actual reason, although an ignorant one.
What's the reason given here ? None. People are angry because the author wrote so.

I'm not disagreeing with the message. I'm just saying that the message is very weakened by it being forced.

Based. SJW don't give a flying fuck about anything except their self-gratification. Oh how grand and might they want to feel themselves.

Dex-chan lover
And the other side care about disabled people ? This manga is about the hypocrisy of people when dealing with mental illness and charity. If you think most of the right or left people wouldn't hang disabled people out to dry you are high on the kool aid.

Users who are viewing this thread