A Silent Country

special needed person like deaf person aside - nowadays even a normal one was being slapped with shit by society when searching for job. They make such a long stage of education that at least eat 12 years of our life, but still say no when we need a way to feed ourself

Wow this manga made me really sad but at least the media is portrayed correctly and theres a happy ending

Dex-chan lover
The allegory is a bit silly, but the core message is something that really fucking needs to be heard. People really need to stop going after causes that just make them feel like they're helping and start looking into causes that actually provide help where it's needed. And they need to be promoting things/places/people instead of trying to shut them down.

Fed-Kun's army
Well, this portrays the dark side of the media or just the overall media; they don't listen to anything, no matter what you say to them. Even if the workers like their job, the media backs up their claims with falsifications and protests. They portray the company as inhumane, where they're going as far as to injure the old company manager. It's obvious that they wanted to get the mandrake company for themselves. "As a country with the goal of creating an equal society, how can we allow such an inhumanity to stand?!" Yeah right, look at the populace who are discriminating against deaf people. Nobody is going to allow a deaf person to work at their business, as it's too much of a hassle; they'd have to write everything down a paper, or the other party would have to know sign language for everything to go quickly.

The Country of Silence is a country made up of mandrake farmers, who have most likely experienced the same discrimination that the two boys have experienced. In other words, it's a country where depressive people go to calm down. It's also a very lovely country.

Expressly, this whole story is caused by the idiotic whims of media, or I'm just overthinking everything.

This comic gives me a weird feeling. On the one hand, I like that the protrayal of double standards. Talking over them, lying on their behalf, refusing to support them in ways they ask is something disabled ppl irl go though. Good coverage of how discrimination happens under the guise of helping, basically. And I like that the ending is happy.

On the other hand, this comic appears to take from modern issues. That is, protestors. In real life, protestors protest because more often than not because they are the ones being hurt by discrimination.
So I wish they didn't try to portray protestors as ppl who don't know what they're doing. It's a weird cognitive dissonance this comic has. It acknowledges discrimination and that it hurts the ppl affected by it quite a lot, but protesting, one of the actions marginalized ppl take to combat discrimination, is something that doesn't help? To put it another way, ppl irl can't often flee from their setting & I've happily. So when there is a problem, they need to find a solution, and sometimes a solution can only be found when protesting. It's just in bad faith to portray protestors like that.

That's my only issue though, I really liked this one otherwise.

Thank you for the translation!

@villainesslily A good proportion of protestors do not experience the same as the people who are protesting - this is true even in cases where they are part of the same community. This is undeniable something that actually happens and the results of a protest leaving people worse off than before is also something that undeniably happens.

But even for a one-shot this was a bit heavy-handed and contrived in its message lol. Definitely get a sense of this guys politics through it.

Dex-chan lover
So avogado6 first(in MD) one-shot have a happy ending? good for you

This manga hits the head of the nail flush.

A portrayal of modern wester values and the disease called political correctness, born out of it is the charlatans that "protest" for OTHER peoples rights.

Fear Mongering News Media

Protesters who have all the time in their hands to join these *Hot Topic* protest
Thru social media i. e Twitter, FB amd opinion videos on YT

Activist who actually are doing more damage than the "accused" i.e. Hunting, Gun rights, Gender issues.

And the privileged people saying "if you're not one of us, you're part of the problrm" kind of people.

Dex-chan lover
Stereotypical Twitter activists to the rescue once again! Somehow making it worse for everyone, including the people they set out to help. No time to ask said people what help they'd actually like. That'd be too much effort man! Much more efficient to just join the hate-party for the appointed villain of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread