A Single Aristocrat Enjoys a Different World: The Graceful Life of a Man Who Never Gets Married - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - The Loner Noble is Taken to His Fami…

Dex-chan lover
Just because he enjoys his alone time, doesn't mean he should neglect his family and not bother writing them. I'm kinda thinking he's a bit of an ass now. Given his interactions with others, it's not like he despises meeting people altogether.

Dex-chan lover
Just because he enjoys his alone time, doesn't mean he should neglect his family and not bother writing them. I'm kinda thinking he's a bit of an ass now. Given his interactions with others, it's not like he despises meeting people altogether.
He likes being alone to avoid people like you, putting their own opinions on everything he does when he never asked

Dex-chan lover
savannah, savannah...
MYmWJNM.png

Dex-chan lover
I guess families that respect their chidren's decisions for the future, even if they're healthy and possibly a good contributor for society, don't exist here if MC's family haven't recognized his desire to live an unmarried life at this point. I'd keep my distance as well if I had to hear the same questioning every other time like a broken record.

Contributor
Hypothetical dark twist:
-little brother dies or is injured
-...onii-chan there's no escaping it, you need to marry now
-mother says the family needs an heir and you don't have a choice anymore
-she says you can choose who you want to marry but you only have a year.

Dex-chan lover
He likes being alone to avoid people like you, putting their own opinions on everything he does when he never asked
People 'like me'?... Buddy, these are comment threads for people to give their opinions on these chapters and comics - so maybe don't be such a smug prick about seeing one that you don't like or disagree with. You came to this thread looking for other's opinions, and you got one.

And I don't see why me thinking he's taking the 'loner' thing too far by completely avoiding his family (to the point his niece doesn't know who he is) is considered such a disagreeable take. He can't even write to them?

Dex-chan lover
People 'like me'?... Buddy, these are comment threads for people to give their opinions on these chapters and comics - so maybe don't be such a smug prick about seeing one that you don't like or disagree with. You came to this thread looking for other's opinions, and you got one.

And I don't see why me thinking he's taking the 'loner' thing too far by completely avoiding his family (to the point his niece doesn't know who he is) is considered such a disagreeable take. He can't even write to them?
maybe he never get loved by his family, i feel pity for him.

i agree too, i can understand he didn't want to show up in his family because he didn't want to bring up the idea about getting married, but really? he did that? a whole year never meeting with his family, or at least with the "woman" who gave birth to him?
now, i feel pity for the author too, looks like he never know the love from his family too to bring such an ass mc like this to his manga.

Dex-chan lover
As a family man I agree that my parents are the most important people in life for me, but I also don't blame the MC too much since the moment they see him until the moment he leaves all they do is nag at him to get married or help them out with so and so even tho they seem quite well off. He seems to visit them and all but family dinners man...

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter!
It's not just that he enjoys his alone time. It's also because his family continues to pester him about something he's made up his mind on and they refuse to accept his decision. The family seem like nice people, but they just don't understand him. It's something I can relate to, but that's a whole 'nother story.

Dex-chan lover
It's just one of those things. His family wants the best for him and they're nagging him because they're worried that he's not living the best possible life (which to them is marriage and kids). Their nagging is an expression of their concern for him.

Yes the nagging is annoying, even if it comes from a place of concern. But that be how family can be.

He knows what is best for him and he is living his best life. He's so dedicated and focused on his hobbies that life flies by and he forgets that he hasn't seen his family in a while. It doesn't mean he doesn't love his family, just that he's focused on what gives his life meaning. It's annoying but you just let them vent and nag if it comes from a place of concern.

Ultimately, family can be annoying as hell but you always know they're around.

Users who are viewing this thread