Mukashi Yuusha De Ima Ha Hone

Double-page supporter
This is quite solid. Art and humor are great and very complimentary. Premise is fairly original and well executed. All in all, I have some high hopes for this series.

From the cover, unfortunately it's another one where "brave" is used as official translation instead of "hero". Not a great trend.

Putting aside the story, allow me to say that I love this protagonist. The way he’s drawn just sets him apart from everyone else like he’s supposed to. And despite having no muscles, he’s like this old cartoon character bouncing around and having fun, especially when his jaw dislocates from his head when he talks or when he’s launching his head around. Seriously, props to the artist. The fight scenes are great when It displays how a wacky skeleton would swordfight.

Would be a bit better if it wasn't quite as self-referential. The premise works, its fine to have the MC jokey to keep things light, but then you have him saying "This is just like an Isekei" and "Viva NEET Life" that just takes me out of it. Those aren't things in your world, try to be self consistent with the references, else it'll take me out a bit. Author needs to find that fine line of taking the story seriously and not, and it needs to ride that line a bit with this series. You go a bit too far in either direction and it gets dumb. Having the MC say memes makes it lean too far one direction into dumb.

wish i can see some boney action in the future if you know what I mean

rather than the 4th wall breaks the one thing that bothers me is that strand of hair....

The character design on the main character is the worst, I almost never drop something due to the art, but that skeleton thing is painful to look at. I mean the hair stand is obviously stupid, but also what the heck is up with those "teeth"
*cringe*
Anyway, highly disappointing since the art is fine other than the MC (I could not finish the first chapter so I can't comment on the story)

Dex-chan lover
S4Ql6MS.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
Hm... I don't understand why some people don't like it,
""The character design on the main character is the worst, I almost never drop something due to the art, but that skeleton thing is painful to look at. I mean the hair stand is obviously stupid, but also what the heck is up with those "teeth"
*cringe*
Anyway, highly disappointing since the art is fine other than the MC (I could not finish the first chapter so I can't comment on the story)"" lol did you ever read one punch man? and did you like it or not?
""Would be a bit better if it wasn't quite as self-referential. The premise works, its fine to have the MC jokey to keep things light, but then you have him saying "This is just like an Isekei" and "Viva NEET Life" that just takes me out of it. Those aren't things in your world, try to be self consistent with the references, else it'll take me out a bit. Author needs to find that fine line of taking the story seriously and not, and it needs to ride that line a bit with this series. You go a bit too far in either direction and it gets dumb. Having the MC say memes makes it lean too far one direction into dumb."" well don't judge all of it by cover? the mc past is still unknown
"the one thing that bothers me is that strand of hair...." this is like asking why goku in seiya mode his hair stand up and hard maybe be harder than his body and D
"but the unnecessary "ecchi" bothers me" next time see the tag first before read

he is probably an isekai hero, so thats why there were a lot of modern earth memes reference.
in my personal opinion, it is 10/10. its not easy to balance between comedy and seriousness. hope it doesnt fall out later in the story.

Users who are viewing this thread