A Song of Singing - Ch. 4 - You Can’t Go Back to How it Was.

Dex-chan lover
Idk if it's me but I think the pacing is so weird/jarring. I mean, I still understand what happened but it feels so weird, like, I still don't get why the senpai chose to help her (and seem to love doing so)?

anw, thanks for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
Just have to ask is this series AI generated? Cause dont know if its just me, but I Think the pacing is so weird in it…

Dex-chan lover
Just have to ask is this series AI generated? Cause dont know if its just me, but I Think the pacing is so weird in it…
Nah, this is just amateurish storytelling. The events are all there, the issue is not knowing how to connect them to each other and what to focus. For example, the first two chapters made the impression the play was really important to the narrative and now the play is just gone within a few pages. We also have no context for the magic or why the former lead actress suddenly wanted to support the MC.

Dex-chan lover
Nah, this is just amateurish storytelling. The events are all there, the issue is not knowing how to connect them to each other and what to focus. For example, the first two chapters made the impression the play was really important to the narrative and now the play is just gone within a few pages. We also have no context for the magic or why the former lead actress suddenly wanted to support the MC.
Yeah, I have been so confused about whats actually happening so far in these 4 chapters. Feels like the story is jumping all around the place

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I have been so confused about whats actually happening so far in these 4 chapters. Feels like the story is jumping all around the place
here's a quick summary of what's happening:

MC is a rather shy/anxious girl with magic that actives when sing, her father and mother are famous people in the musical field. Due to some reasons unknown, MC's mother decides to not teach her any more advanced magic without telling her why, which makes her feel inferior to her family, thus she tried her best to get the lead role of the play. Her senpai for some unknown reasons really supports her in this. MC did get the lead role, performed well but her mother still kept her in the dark and refused to teach her magic, so MC spiraled a bit in this chapter.
Also, MC falls in love with a girl, and it seemed like she used her magic to make the girl fall in love with her? But MC's father implied that doing some magic can be dangerous (chapter 2), so I'm guessing bad things are gonna happen in the next chapter. Oh and, MC thinks her mother wants her to fall in love with a boy (chapter 2), which is why she's trying so hard to hide her relationship rn.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah I thought the first chapter was pretty clear and coherent but the subsequent ones definitely felt a bit wonky. They’d speed through some things, gloss over others. I feel like the basic premise is really intriguing but I also feel like we’re missing a lot of details.

Users who are viewing this thread