A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 41 - Christmas (8)

I was rereading and just realized that Cardinal Richelieu is not even supposed to be at the banquet (chapter 37/38)!! but the crown prince did tell him that he would take Shuli to see the imperial library, so I think the cardinal is definitely either behind this whole incident or knew what would happen and didn't even try to stop it (or helped make it happen, who knows).

I'm not too sure what the cp planned would be like this (because arresting someone's son is not usually the best way to get someone to like you), but I'm sure he had something up his sleeve to try to get her to fall for him.

edit: I realized we actually don't know who tipped Jeremy off so it's just my conjecture that it was the cardinal or someone under him

Our girl can't catch a break.
This feels like a parody on the typical restart/revenge plot where the heroine knows exactly what to do to get happiness, or somehow all of her actions turn out in her favour.
Shuli leads an uncertain life, who knows if she would achieve the happiness and youth she gave away in her last life, by getting closer to the Prince Charming her younger self had always dreamt about? Is just doing everything better than her past life good enough, or should she take this chance to make a big change?

What a good chapter! I really like the royalty are portrayed here and the guard's reaction should be expect but the prince could try to take control the situation. I guess we just have to wait to hear the reason why the prince didn’t do anything to help his friend

OMG WTF I JUST READ CH 42, SO APPARENTLY THE CARDINAL IS THE ONE THAT TOLD JEREMY WHERE TO GO?!! Did he do that because he knew something was going to happen?!! Grrrr that Lorre sh*t

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Y'all should remember that the shitty crown prince likes to take away things from others the moment he laid eyes on the things he likes. Nora's parent for example. He also seems to have mother complex. Fuckin creep. Also a fake friend of Jeremy.

Group Leader
Whew... 😥😥😥 ...saw something like this coming but still hard to see it happen 😣

Tf.... the crown prince planned this all didnt he?? I'm sure he knew something about it! THIS SCHEMING BASTARD I HATE HIM!
and what?!? He didnt even hit him yet and ASSASSINATION!?! these idiots think the prince was gonna die from a punch?!🙄🙄🙄 or by falling from a stair?! Poor Shuli😭

Whether it was the prince or the cardinal who planned it (I really suspect the cardinal more), she should've known a flirtation with the heir to the throne would be bad news for her and her family. She's been politically savy so far so it's kind of frustrating.

Bad bad bad! That lil psycho planned this didn't he? The books, the secluded area, the stalling, the guards so conveniently close to respond?

THAT PRIEST-LOOKING GUY PROLLY KNEW WHAT IS GONNA HAPPEN AFTER TELLING JEREMY THE LOCATION!, RIGHT???? AND PRINCE-- I REALLY HOPED THAT IT WAS JUST A F*CKIN' SH*TTY COINCIDENCE, BUT YOU PROLLY SCHEMED THE WHOLE THING, TOO

Double-page supporter
F U C K

I didnt expect such thing happening right now and I'm really pissed! That bastard, The prince.
YOU FREAKING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH ADFGHJKLASFDGSFDF

I really love this story.. ;-;

Users who are viewing this thread