A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 50

You know, it pisses me off how little the "story" progresses each "chapter". It's like four pictures and five word balloons; there is no development.

Gossh... this story is great. Besides the characters also have their personality right.

And thank you for all the explanations (from comment section) u give me an educate!

I read somewhere told
the empress kinda test if shuli is just a mere person that only want rich and somehow is just not proper. Because, in what chapters we see that the crown prince's mother look alike shuli, and the empress not like it.
//sorry for bad english

Thank you for this chapter ! I hope your traduction will be of better quality, some parts remain incomprehensible.

Oops, maybe you should’ve explained the implications of this Hail Mary to your family before court Mrs MC (soon to be Ms MC). 🙈

Yup honestly how it works in real life, you tell the truth no one believes you, that is what happens when everyone is naturally predisposed and trained to think guilty because of societal constructs.

Oh Jeremy, if only you had played a few rounds of Among Us. Of course no one believes the truth.

Thanks for the update!

@LemonSquares, a lot of the lines felt off so I'm not sure, but if you meant to say elias' last line then,
he meant to say that if Shuli would break off from their family, then he'll do the same and leave House Neuschwanstein.

On a side note, I'm more confused about Shuli's defense. The translated premise doesn't even seem relevant.
I assume it's meant to imply that she's being targeted by the imperial family so she's filing for a divorce. But her statements sound really weird since the way they're structured doesn't really logically lead to why she's only defending herself.
I think the statements don't translate well to English.

It makes more sense to flip the order of her premise to something like,
"It is a plain fact that Jeremy shouldn't have raised his hand on the crown prince, regardless of the reason. I am sorry for this. However, the imperial household's investigation team personally sought out the truth, yet a lot still remains unexplained. Despite this, the punishment given by the imperial family is much too severe. I am deeply concerned for myself and the other key members of the house. So I will not try to prove Jeremy innocent. I will only defend myself."

It still sounds weird, but I presume this is because I tried to stick to the translator's script as closely as I can and used synonyms where possible. At the very least, in this order, the implications are much more pronounced, them being:
1. That despite the dubious nature of the events, the Imperial family will try to mete out the heaviest punishment they could lawfully give without stirring the other nobles,
2. That no matter how she defends Jeremy, it will all just end up being her words against theirs, and thus,
3. That regardless of the investigation results, House Neuschwanstein will still be punished one way or another.

In any case, all of this was already explained in the previous chapters, so restructuring the sentences isn't really necessary to get the gist of what she's saying.

Dex-chan lover
😤 I'm proud of Jeremy and of Shuli and this is exactly what i expected of the other nobles. Please don't let this turn into a Kangaroo-Court.

Dex-chan lover
start getting confusing after the accident with the prince happened 🙂 it's either something lost in translation or the plot is wracked 🙂 why would she seek help to the uncle from maternal Neuschwanstein's house? what is the correlation with her decision to annul her marriage? 😩

Dex-chan lover
i didn't really understand the last part
did he mean "if you stop being our mother, i will leave home"
or "you won't be our mother, you want to leave home"?
the second one makes more sense to me

@yourisekaiwitchess it's so she can abdicate her position as head of the household and give it to Jeremy as a means of protecting him. The punishment wouldn't be harsh if he became the head of the house. I think she explained this briefly in the last few chapters or so. As for getting the uncle to help their side, later on Jeremy as the head of the household needs adults to back him up so it seems she was securing his cooperation if it ever comes to that.

The fact that the prince thinks he can still get the girl is what does it for me lol
Mate your relationship was over the moment her son was put in jail

The uncle could testify that he exchanged letters with her dead husband that the husband wasn't planning to consummate the marriage. Hence, it could be annulled.
If it's annulled she's not the countess. Jeremy is the count. And can't be punished.

Damn that pronce is really selfish it's annoying. He doesn't care about his friend, nor truly does he care about Shuli. He just think about their relationship, not about her as the friend She is and how this whole situation put her in suck a bad state, and that even knowing the priest was behind it.

Users who are viewing this thread