A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 50

I've gotten kinda confused with this whole letter scenario. Can someone explain to me why cancelling the marriage changes anything and what this whole letter thing is about? I'm not sure if it's just confusing and I don't understand or if it's because of the long releases between chapter that I've just forgotten parts.

Is there a page missing in the last 3-4 pages? The whole flow after Jeremy's perspective seems quite abrupt.

@EminaDigiCC0306 Yeah, I think there were some explanations about the laws and how it worked back around a few chapters, but it has been so long that I also don't remember it.

Dex-chan lover
@EminaDigiCC0306 If i'm not mistaken then it has to do something with the fact that if she's gone then there's no guardian figure in the house, and i think Jeremy, as the oldest of the immediate family, should rightfully get to be the head of the household. I think it could be an issue to proceed with the case in it's current state with him as the head of the household. Shuli would also have no relation to Jeremy and therefore they don't have a right to talk to her about her being their parent anymore.

Of course this is just as far as i understand it, but i could be wrong. I hope this helps a little bit at least.

@EminaDigiCC0306 - Right now Shuli is the head of the household so that's why they can just imprison Jeremy. If she annuls her marriage to his dad, Jeremy would be head of the household regardless of age and different laws would apply to him. That would result to the law not applying to him as drastically.

It was explained several chapters ago, so it's pretty easy to forget with the release times being spaced out.

@EminaDigiCC03 I forgot how she found a way to cancel her marriage but I remember why it could help.

There's a law in this world if the head of the family is ever put into a situation where they can no longer lead their house, such as a swordsman losing their dominant hand, they are immune from any sentencing that may lead to this. At the moment Shuli is the head of the house, so Jeremy so losing his hand is not a threat to the lineage of their house. This leads back to why Shuli is canceling her marriage. When Shuli is no longer the head of the house. This makes Jeremy head, thus Jeremy is immune from all punishment that endangers his position as the head. But the question is....... will the court accept this, because I believe their a need to be a witness for the letter.

Well, that's my breakdown. Someone can @ me if I got something wrong or they want to add anything

@EminaDigiCC0306
What will differ in the outcome is how harsh the punishment is based on Jeremy current standing and own responsibilities. Currently Jeremy is merely an heir and in old society that means that he isn't a noble yet, just the child that is on path to become one. The punishment about cutting his right hand is basically purposefully causing a disability to remove him from the line of succession as crippled persons were considered inapt to be a head of noble family.

Shuli goal is to remove herself as head of the family so that by default Jeremy become so and therefore won't be touchable by the same debilitating punishment as an accomplished noble and head of family as he need to be fully operational to be a head of noble family and therefore punishment to remove him from line of succession are de facto avoided.

This is getting pretty intense. Thanks for the update :) looking forward to the next chapters

shuli is big braining rn.... I bet the prince regrets his actions now 😂😂😂 if she stops being part of the neuschwansteins then their ties to each other altogether is as good as gone

Thank you for the chapter ❤️😍🙂

I really curious, how it develops

Users who are viewing this thread