A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 50

yoooooooooooooo??? wow i didn't expect that, the royal family just needs to go rot wow they're so annoying, thanks for translating!!!

Sorry, but i forgot the reason the church and Royal family want to set up Shuli, can someone explain?

@Stoner @reu
I agree with @Stoner...there were some chapters that showed that the prince just wanted to use Shuli because she was interesting or smth (i don't remember exactly) and when Jeremy punched the prince, he smiled :/ Also he got the love of Nora's family :(( which made Nora think his family didn't like him oof

Dex-chan lover
Even if she's legally not their mother after getting a divorce if the new head of household says she can stay she can still be the mother. I doubt the servants would treat her any different just because the trial. Only thing is Jeremy would now have to act as the head sometimes

Isn't the reason Shuli is trying to get Jeremy to become head of the family so that he can duel for his honour? Something only the (male) head of the family can do?

ooh this reminds me of the story with red haired female lead that her brother's hand was injured by the prince. she gave up her duchess position so his brother can get a justice.

@Shaiineko i'm not sure myself but ill tell you what i understand. the crown prince is interested/inlove with shuli and the church don't want this for some peculiar reason*. The royal family, specifically the queen just wants to test shuli, she is the one picked and trained by one of her best and most trustworthy acquaintance**/***.

* it seems like it's against their teaching or the priest wanted the prince to focus on succeeding the throne.
** i really forgot what their relation is and even his name, what i only remember is he is one of the most trusted acquaintance of the queen.
*** he also trained shuli to replace him, that's why the queen wanted to test her if his decision is right in picking shuli as his replacement.

Thank you so much!!! But I truly hate that empress (and the emperor??? Where the f***ing is he??) she’s going to ruin a family for what?? To prove that she was better suited to be in charge of that family??? She truly deserves to be stripped of her powers. she doesn’t deserve it.

@mattpotato @Shaiineko if I got it right the church wants to set up Shuli also because she opposed them when they (the nobles and the church) were discussing about the festivals for Christmas. I don’t remember exactly what they said but if I remember correctly it was about money, like the church didn’t want to pay for the poor and Shuli promised her house’s money (because she knows that in the near future there will be a riot against the church and the nobles). I remember everything vaguely so it’d be better reread the chapters!!! In any case it’s a political issue: Shuli is the head of a prominent noble house and the church is trying to gain influence through the young prince. Now they see that he’s “in love” with her and want to cut the relationship (ah and there’s also the matter about the resemblance of Shuli with the late empress, who seems to be an ambiguous figure)

To sum it up

Queen: She's probing Shuli's actions because she wants to prove that she is just another illusion of Ludovica (Emperor's / Duke / Marquis first love) and wanted to test her if she's competent enough to get out of this situation.

Prince: His scheme is to save Shuli and make him her benefactor so she can get her affection.

Cardinals: Scumbags

Shuli: She demands to cancel her marriage with Johanes so that she can apply for Duel of Honor and if it's successful, they can transfer the title for being the Head of the house from Shuli to Jeremy in order to save him.

@Athena707

Oh don't you worry about him, the twins will come full swinging

@lilly11223

The crown prince is manipulative with a mommy issues, Shuli resembles her dead mother and began to have weird obsessions about her. Much different than his obessions towards Nora's family.

@Kangarooloo
Basically it goes like this
> Jeremy denies the charges
> Crown Prince appears to the court
> flashback Crown Prince sweetly threatens the priest because he knew he was the one that exposes his place with Shuli to Jeremy
> the Priest threatens back saying he can't prove what he accuses him
> Back to the court Crown Prince is intends to save Jeremy by at least not letting him have the worst punishment
> He just wants to manipulate Shuli into thinking him as a savior for Jeremy, basically he just wants Shuli's attentions
> Jeremy states what happens that night
> We all know that church are shady af and his words are dismissed as falsehood by the masses
> Jeremy has reality check
> Shuli realizes someone is manipulating Jeremy that night
> The Empress steps in and pressures Shuli and Jeremy
> Shuli states the obvious, Jeremy did punch the Crown Prince.
> Appeals to annul her marriage
> Elias screams that he will leave with Shuli.

Honestly, can the Crown Prince just go away? and don't forget to bring that creepy
hypocrite
Cardinal with him. Like seriously Cardinal,
you liking Shuli and not able to have her because of your oath to the Church
is not a great reason to scheme against her to torment her life.

I'm still amazed how in this situation all the prince could think of is how to manipulate the situation to become shuli benefactor like bro one of your supposedly best friends is going to lose an hand because of you ya know

All of imperial ppl are dirty af no wonder the kingdom is gonna be ruined

Thanks for the update!

@Bocchama (the note about the cardinals had me wheezing) I totally missed that connection between annulling the marriage and the duel of honor, thanks for expounding! (My head went directly like: Annulled = Jeremy, Head of Family).

Users who are viewing this thread