A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 57 - Epilogue - The Ending of a Fairy Tale (2)

The epilogue title gave me surprise. Thought the artist abandon his/her work and goes with sudden ending... but oof thanks god seems its not

Dex-chan lover
I still ship ohara to elias tho.

I'm glad this is not a time skip but a actually a flashback
Now I hope to see more progress from her relationship to shuli and her family.
Thank you for the chapter!

This is before the death of Shulli in the original timeline. The reason why Ohara had her killed because Jeremy hasn't realized that he's attached to Shulli. Because of her father's history of infidelity, she fears that Jeremy will betray her for Shulli someday. Before that happens, Ohara wants Shulli killed.

@EVReborns This chapter takes place before time turned back for Shuli, and gives us some backstory for Ohara and Jeremy's marriage, as well as Ohara herself as a character. Ohara's mother loved Ohara's father deeply, but ended up feeling betrayed and cast away when he had an affair with another woman. She died with only Ohara by her bedside, and said to her "don't love[...] please don't live a life like this."

Ohara likely took these words to heart, despite not loving her mother that deeply, because she said that Jeremy was "perfect" because he didn't love her. This is pretty surprising, since throughout the story Shuli (and we) assumed that Jeremy and Ohara married out of love, but it was actually a way for them to consolidate their power and join forces to become an "iron wall."

She was okay with the siblings staying in the house after she and Jeremy married, but didn't want Jeremy to let Shuli stay, because she feared that she would be cast aside, just like her mother. Whether her fears actually held any ground is up to discussion, but she envisioned a future where she would be abandoned by Jeremy after he repaired his relationship with Shuli (as mother and son, I hope).

Therefore, she tried to destroy his relationship with Shuli by privately meeting with her and admonishing her for her poor parenting of her step children, saying "no wonder [Jeremy] blames his mother. It's your fault." If you want more context to this specific conversation, I think it took place within the first few chapters before time rewound.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not one to judge someone for wanting to have an open relationship or just have multiple casual relationships. But if someone tells their partner they're going to be faithful to them alone, they damn well better not betray that trust.

As for Ohara,
It's an interesting choice putting this part of the novel's epilogue into the middle of the comic. It sort of turns it into a prologue, much like chapter 0 was a prologue for Shuli's story, maybe this will end up being prologue for Ohara's character growth.

how come the name is Neubanstein now? there have been so many variations of the name it's a little ridiculous

Ohara basically projected her father infidelity on Shuli... why are fathers all the problems in fiction?

Well... so it's finally explained. I don't agree at all with what Ohara did, but at least now I understand the twisted reason is projecting her mother's insecurities towards other people. Kinda curious about whether she's the one behind Shuri's assassination or not...

And here I was thinking that Ohara + Elias was the perfect combo... But who would have thought that Ohara was such a white lotus......

But, somehow, I'm glad that Shuli and the kids had a second chance to fix their relationship... Unless the author is going to pull a "the others" on us 😰

And... Epilogue? So... There's no Shuli + Nora? 😞

Ooff i thought this is the last chap bc of the title. Apparently not, thank god.

I hope ohara wont turn to be her past self. I kinda like her and ship her with elias

Users who are viewing this thread