A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 60 - Epilogue 4 - The Ending of a Fairy Tale (5)

😭😭Ah, my tears wont stop. Its even sadder coz from spoiler, the captain is the one who betrayed shulli and from the chapter 1 i believed its him who kills her... Its all miss understand and all villain took a chance to make him sacrifice... He too shocked and sorrow to do anything... So sad... Its sad when i read spoiler... Its traumatized when i saw the visual...😭

Dex-chan lover
@Heenimakira Honestly, the family was already torn apart. And by the hands of the children and everyone else involved really. She definitely feels guilt, though.

And I do think people's hatred towards her is still misplaced or at least excessive. People seem to be directing the BULK of their anger at her, as if she had any sort of hand in the plan or wanted this to happen. Just cause she was rude to Shuli doesn't deserve this level of vitriol I see from people. Wanting to see her choked or killed or so? Disgusting imo.

When the hell are we getting back to the main story? This is utterly irrelevant to the present story I would rather hear about what's going on in the current timeline then what happened in the previous timeline. Bad things happened in the previous time line and I just don't care. I want to see what happens going forward.

@TheGodEmperor sure i hate her but not to the point that I want her die. I want her to feel a bit of karma since I know she didn't plan any of this. Still if she could control herself better, it wouldn't end so horribly. The point is the church should just burn

@heenimakira i think she already got her karma since the marriage with Jeremy will be forever cancelled and not happen in the future after this Shuli murder incident. She intended to own everything but ended up losing everything.

I don’t hate Ohara because of the changed timeline but that scene where she heard about Shuli’s death made me a little satisfied,,,,
Thank you for the translations!

Wow the comment section is more heated than the chapter itself 😁
I just want to chime in that:
First, although yes Ohara was kind of wicked in the first timeline, we shouldn't take our hatred towards her in the second one. She was never had any deep connection with Shuli back then so the way she treated shuli harshly I really understand that, it's basically a woman jealousy. She only just wanted Shuli out from Jeremy's life not really dying. Their recent relationship is much much more better now and they might become allies in the future.
Second one, Nora isn't supposed to be hated just because he was told to keep it a secret after he found out, from what I perceive here, he was sent by the emperor as a side agent other than the 'official' one since I think the emperor could sense that the one behind this incident are those amongst the corrupted ones who currently reign in the empire.
Thirdly, the kids might act stupid for purposely playing tricks on her by treating her harshly, when in fact it's only a joke to surprise her but turned out to be backfired on them. They also shouldn't necessarily receive hate for this, what do you expect from kids? They're at their age where they always do something impulsive & immature. We all know now that the kids actually loved her earnestly.

@Ectric What main story have you been reading to think this isn't relevant? 🤔 After all, the plot against Shuli and Jeremy is STILL present in the current timeline!

And we've learned so much! Shuli was LOVED. She died in the first timeline thinking that was not the case. Jeremy wanted her at the wedding. They all did. Second, we are learning who are the major players in this game (e.g. Pope) that wanted Shuli dead and wanted to manipulate Jeremy. That is ALL relevant in the "new" timeline...

gonna drop this again but the amount of people hating Ohara in this comment section just proving how people always tend to see black/white morality rather than gray morality in fiction.

Love OG!Ohara's "oh shit" face. Girl knew she's about to get her scheming ass caught. 😂😂

Imagine the blow to her pride when she thought she was making moves on the board, playing the game of thrones, only to realize that she got baited into causing this mess and is about to get the blame for it. Damn, karma's spicy! 😂

this shit hurt man. :'((( ive been waiting for this since the first chap since i really wanted to know the extent of the kids' despair but maaaan this is just sad. i still think the pre-reincarnation kids were shitty but daaamn that must've hurt a LOT.
Also i've been waiting for this chap bc I thought it'd be satisfying to see the kids break down after they hear about Shuli's death, considering that they were pretty much assholes in their first lives, but after everything that happened post-reincarnation, reading about the past just made me feel bad for the kids and extremely sorry for shuli. Also I don't really hate Ohara? I do find her "Oh shit I fucked up" reaction to Shuli's death quite satisfying haha. But I don't hate on her because really, she isn't the real bad guy here, so pinning the blame entirely on her is unfair. Of course she's still part of the reason why Shuli died, and she's a little devil herself, but I think that what will happen to her in the story is exactly what's happening to her rn in the comments. All the anger will be directed on her and she'll probably be used as a scapegoat, all while those who meticulously planned Shuli's demise would still live their lives.

Love this development so much! Before this arc released I was always wondering "what if the nouvanstein is actually kind to shuli?" and now Im really glad that the author tell us later about the past events like this. Unlike your usual author, who "will let you readers imagine what will happen next or was happening in the past" BS so props to the author 👏

@revara yes!!!! also i edited my comment bc i wanted to join in the discussion so it's a bit longer than the original. im just warning you in case u get confused hehe

Also it's kinda funny how Ohara's getting all the hate even if it's literally the kids who made Shuli's life a living hell? Like yeah they like her now and all but they still did shitty things and they never apologized for it (and never got the chance to since Shuli died when they finally decided to "surprise" her). Yeah Ohara disliked/hated Shuli but so did the kids for a loooong time. Why is it that only Ohara is getting hated on?

Users who are viewing this thread