A Story about a Cat Reincarnated in a Different World Where There are no Cats. - Ch. 4

Fed-Kun's army
Why King of Fantasy world always so stingy?
If I'm summoned in this kind of world for whatever reason, my first plan will be to kill the King, then kill all his children I don't like along with all the noble. Of course this assuming I have combat ability comparable to people in that world, if not I will just harass them by using whatever media available in that world to spread their bad name.

Dex-chan lover
She thought it thru carefully, she could have gotten the cat a lot more fish after doing a quest. Heck, she might even got some fish while doing a quest so buying it is not really worth it thou.

Dex-chan lover
"No way to store fish" can't be right. Ways to store fish, also called preserving fish, have existed for eons (even the Wikipedia article for "Fish preservation" starts with the words: "Ancient methods...". It must have meant no way to store fresh fish. Even that wouldn't be strictly correct because you could use ice to allow a fish last considerably longer. Often it would just be too bothersome and enocomically unfeasible. In a fantasy world ice magic might help tremendously, though.

But then again, if it's a world without cats, it's possible the people are just too stupid to preserve fish.

Dex-chan lover
@Mick96 In this world only the cat was summoned. And King is stingy because he probably is poor? I mean, several generations of heroes have apparently ignored the call to fight the demon lord, so demon lord might probably right outside the city gates and the king could be lord over pretty much nothing?

(Other kings in other stories have their own reasons I'm sure.)

Aggregator gang
@Kaarme Good point. I've actually read a few isekai that specify fish as something difficult to obtain, which also ignores the fact that fish live in rivers and lakes as well. I believe Saving 80,000 Gold for Retirement had a whole chapter where the sort of punchline was that nobody ever ate fish because the town wasn't near the ocean. In a non-industrialized society, towns are going to be near fresh water sources anyway.

Dex-chan lover
Mostly, you'd just dry fish and other perishables, like meat. Or use MAAAAGIC. Thanks for the translations!!! 🐟🐟🐟

@Kaarme maybe all. the methods are too impractical for a traveling adventure, and i think the main problem was it was a whole fish she thought the cat couldn't finish in one sitting so she would either have to throw the rest our or care some fucking ice bucket around with her as she trying to fight a goblin

Dex-chan lover
@JKLnHYD Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've seen that same excuse in an isekai manga before. Sometimes the authors just don't think much about what they write. If it's a web novel, there's no editor to check anything. If it's a light novel or a manga, there should be an editor, but somehow the editors rarely seem to be up to the task in fact/logic checking. I guess their priorities are elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread