A Story About A Hallucinatory Girl Following Me Around - Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
That was an interesting and at the same time a stupid ending. I just took a look at older chapters and there were often situations without a mirror or something else...
Oh well, it's a hamita manga. I shouldn't have expected more. The author always leaves me dissatisfied or puts to much drama in the manga, so...

Dex-chan lover
i just noticed
hallucination girl clothes change whenever she out for date
honestly this is quite creative, wish it could be longer

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
hallucination girl clothes change whenever she out for date
And since the hallucinations are reflections, it looks like MC has a rather boyish wardrobe that hides what little curves she has, which is probably how she managed to gaslight herself into thinking she's a guy.

Contributor
No, no, he fixed her! By becoming her! :aquadrink:

When the hallucinatory girl turns out to be a hallucinating girl. Readers having fun picking apart the plot holes in the comments. I'll just blame the "mild stabilizer" the doc prescribed as some other stronger drug he mistakenly told her to take.

If she had said yes to the senpai maybe she might have realized it earlier without having to get involved in another accident.

Anyway, I kinda like this pseudo-genderswap twist ending. And it is an ending, one of Hamita's non-oneshot twitter comics actually ended unlike his other abandoned twicomi...

Double-page supporter
As many have echoed at this point, funny, but stupid. It game me hardcore M. Night vibes, hardcore twist for the sake of a twist rather than a tangible, fascinating surprise ending.

Dex-chan lover
I loved that!
I was swearing up and down she was a ghost. Given the author my mind went to dark places.
Wait so she almost went yandere on herself. lol :wooow:

Dex-chan lover
that's some gay shit
And I approve.
05374097e9c972679027bffd3762e942e61a2a07cf187592490029c03b48ef52_1.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Previous chapter is not the only time she appeared out on the street. Was there a mirror around every time? Come on, the world isn't THAT full of reflective surfaces. And there are shots where the POV is facing down the street and not at a building that might have reflective glass windows. This was not well thought-out.

Group Leader
Man I thought he was going to run out into the street to save her, get hit by a car, wake up in the hospital and find out he died and is now a ghost. And he ends up in a ghost relationship with her. And that she explains to him that she is lonely as a ghost, but she doesn't like haunting people. So she waits in traffic for car accident victims to act like their hallucinations.

Maybe if author wanted to continue the overly attached psychological, she would even excitedly say, "I can't believe you knew all along and ended up dying for me! We can be together forever." Queue MC's reaction. :worry:

Alternatively, MC could just continue the cycle after he gets lonely as a ghost.

Gotta be honest, I enjoyed it. I get that knowing someone with delusions caused by mental illness isn't that common, but I'm surprised that people feel so strongly that this twist is totally unreasonable. Like, obviously it's fiction so it's depicting a very extreme version of the situation, but some delusions really are extraordinarily strong. The experience of talking with someone who has a strong delusion will very quickly rid you of the idea that "obvious" factual inconsistencies are enough to get them to break free of the world they've constructed in their head--if you can even get them to confront the inconsistencies directly.

Honestly as someone who deals with schizophrenia and more to the point that my hallucinations happen to be a distorted copy of myself, only difference being my copy is auditory only, this one's pretty relatable and there've been plenty of hints to the twist.

Right!! I know someone dealing with schizophrenia who has been medicated for years, and even with medication they talk about how sometimes they just can't get over the belief that their auditory hallucinations are real. They understand intellectually that the delusion is not real, they're not acting on them anymore, but even with the aid of medication the emotional belief that the hallucination is real has not faded.

how to cure hallucinations caused by hitting your head: hit your head even harder lmoa
stick to the one-shots pal

Users who are viewing this thread