A Tan Childhood Friend with Absolutely No NTR! - Ch. 36

Dex-chan lover
If the TL is looking for another webcomic that's romcom, how about "Osananajimi ga Hisabisa ni Saikai Shitara Otagai Kyonyuu ni Natteta"? Been waiting half a year for a new chapter to be translated and it has plenty of story progression. The translation stopped at ch 39 and the webcomic is at ch 88, just a suggestion.

Contributor
The boy behind Nacchan (Yuu-kun, I assume) is drinking a strawberry [flavored] milk (いちごミルク), and the other girl is drinking a banana [flavored] au lait (バナナオレ). Go get the grape jelly just so all 3 in this panel are drinking fruit flavored stuff...

At first I thought this probably twintails girl might be a member of the cooking club, but apparently she hasn't appeared before. She doesn't look like Hana with the sidetail from chapter 13. Hana has tsurime eyes, this girl has tareme eyes. It would be nice if she wasn't just some one-off extra, maybe add her as a member of the swimming club.

I just noticed it, but the TL note page has an old-timey London sketch background. I'm not even commenting about fluffy childhood friend romance anymore... after that long study date these last 2 chapters qualify as real filler now.

Dex-chan lover
I do, very well, understand the translator's complaint, but to be honest, I suspect this manga was mostly the author wanting to draw pictures of Nacchan in different situations or simply in a sort of pin-up model fashion. For me, that was quite obvious from the very first chapter. Just look at it. The first chapter was a carefully planned construct, a straight path, that first showed her from a distance, then in limited detail (her hips and a bit of leg), and then finally a pretty traditional cowboy shot that shows most of a person, but sacrifices the legs and the feet, to allow showing closer details of the upper body and face. And indeed it was then a lustrous drawing of her.

What story there is, maybe the author needed to have something to give a reason and motivation to keep drawing Nacchan, plus it does allow spreading the work as a manga, not just an image set.

Dex-chan lover
Just realized "may you know it" is from a letter written about how the Bronze Age city of Ugarit was sacked.

Neat.

I do, very well, understand the translator's complaint, but to be honest, I suspect this manga was mostly the author wanting to draw pictures of Nacchan in different situations or simply in a sort of pin-up model fashion. For me, that was quite obvious from the very first chapter. Just look at it.
Just look at where it's regularly posted. It's a Twitter webcomic. The kind of thing you read during your subway commute to your 9-to-9.

I do understand where the TL is coming from, on the other hand.

The story is more and more unrelevant?
It's time to make NTR of this :chad:
certified windu waika moment

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread