A Very Popular Idol Classmate Has Taken a Liking to Me, A Person Who Doesn’t Want to Work for my Whole Life - Ch. 4.1 - Money = Power② (1)

Dex-chan lover
There is also other elements at play.

For example the personal chef likely serves high class meals made with premium ingredients and is likely highly nutritionally balanced and portioned.

Where he cooks with non premium ingredients, and wants to make food that will satisfy her that she will enjoy.

To use a bad example, it can be like comparing a 5star restaurant, to a food truck selling street tacos. Both food are well cooked, and they may even sell identical dishes, but they can taste different and serve different purposes. One is a immaculate high end product, the other is simple comfort food.

Sometimes more amateurish food, can be more delicious and satisfying than stuff made by high end chefs.

(Personally I would rather eat at a bar or food truck, than a fancy place for that kind of reason, and it's not just because of price)
Food Truck delivery is nice. Ramen Shops too.

Dex-chan lover
man this is trash lmao but i guess sometimes you got to read trash to appreciate peak

Dex-chan lover
... Is this not "homemade food made by someone else"? Does "homemade food" have a different meaing in Japan? I don't get it.
Maybe homemade food is a luxury in Japan since people work there 16 hours or till they die.
Many kids might have been left 1000 yen to 5000 yen bills at home so that they can buy you know, cup noodles at some convenience store like 7 Eleven or Ministop or Lawson.

Dex-chan lover
There is also other elements at play.

For example the personal chef likely serves high class meals made with premium ingredients and is likely highly nutritionally balanced and portioned.

Where he cooks with non premium ingredients, and wants to make food that will satisfy her that she will enjoy.

To use a bad example, it can be like comparing a 5star restaurant, to a food truck selling street tacos. Both food are well cooked, and they may even sell identical dishes, but they can taste different and serve different purposes. One is a immaculate high end product, the other is simple comfort food.

Sometimes more amateurish food, can be more delicious and satisfying than stuff made by high end chefs.

(Personally I would rather eat at a bar or food truck, than a fancy place for that kind of reason, and it's not just because of price)

This is probably the most apt example I also came up with. Home meals aren't necessarily professional, the home cook isn't really following a super popular recipe and it's probably a bit more unique. A food truck will specialize in a certain food and put way more different spins whereas a 5 star will serve a "general dish" at a premium with premium ingredients with a premium presentation.

Dex-chan lover
Ah she wants family. And you know one way to get it? Marriage. Shido-kun's practically prepared his whole life for this

Group Leader
Bro casually got 500k yen, to cook a "homemade" meal to a idol, I can literally see a random guy taking a photo with she entering his house.

Dex-chan lover
It is that meaning you wrote, but at the same time she also wanted a human interaction. Being treated like someone else is lonely, she wanted to be a normal girl.

Both of parents working long hours to the point of not having a dinner with your child, the child may understand the importance of money but still feel lonely.

People who work afar or oversea too get homesick, with no one to confide their problems, often find something to substitute their loneliness.

Homemade meals may seems like a common dishes but to those people I mentioned, they find solace because "they have come home". This issue also apply to all countries.
Idk if this applies here but everything made by my mom tastes 10x better and she also says the same thing about her mother so maybe it means something

Dex-chan lover
Idk if this applies here but everything made by my mom tastes 10x better and she also says the same thing about her mother so maybe it means something
hahaha, "everything made by my mom tastes 10x better" is the truth.
Even if their cooking is simple or tasted a little bland, we will still say it is good and gobbled up all the dishes just to make our mom or dad feel appreciated of their cooking.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, this manga is so fake haha, totally unbelievable.
Yeah right, totally delusional thinking a regular student would receive 500k from Japan top idol just because he cook well and as a bonus probably would end dating her.
What? No, I mean idols receiving a lot of money and eating well

Users who are viewing this thread