A Villain Demands to Be Loved - Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
I dunno man, they didn't touch this manga for past 3 months, I think it's finally time for someone who actually cares to pick this up

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
I'll take this, thanks for the chapters.

@LynnMacy
I think the attendant was calling MC fat for not using a corset to have a thin waist.

oof and here's the lie that corsets were only used to shape people's bodies as if they weren't actually worn like bras or boning in some clothes (mostly dresses) now hahaha

@LynnMacy
Yea technically what the maid said was actually fine. Corsets are technically custom bra that are actually more comfortable then most modern day bras because they also support the back and support their dress. Large dress like the one she wear are extremely heavy and if worn without a corset can cause extreme weight on the hip and cause horrible bruises. So technically if the author knew what corset were actually like the maid is was truly helping her out.

But since the author doesn’t know a thing about corset except all the lies from Hollywood movie and the maid was just making fun of her.

Well if the Duke is ruthless in battle/with a sword, his future wife is sure as heck ruthless with her words!

But to point out about the shop girl that called MC out for not wearing a corset - i think she phrased it like she was saying MC needed a smaller waist, or "broken waist" (i think broken ribs when I hear that), but she was really calling MC out for being from the countryside/a commoner/unrefined - even though I'm sure the shop girl is too, just from the capitol - and trying to...subtly put MC in her place.

MC was not going to take that, from that girl or the tailor. So she destroyed them. No doubt to send a message to every other tradesman that she was not to be messed with.

Fed-Kun's army
Corsets are not meant to make your waist as tiny as possible! That is just a fetish that made it's way into the public and now everyone thinks corsets are only for waist training. It's like how everyone thinks 1920s dresses look super sexualized and short when they were boxy and shapeless (because people fetishized it!)

Only extremely rich women who did nothing all day but sit/maybe walk could afford to have extremely tight corsets with waist training. Everyone else, especially people who worked, were wearing them much looser or basically as a big bra for special occasions or just daily wear stays that go over the clothing just to keep your tits from flopping out.

UGHHHH.

To those who are looking for chapters 6-8, here's the link https://bato.to/series/82082/the-villain-demands-i-love-him
I probably can upload 7 & 8 here, but not 6 cause I already deleted the file (the raws i used for ch. 6-8 are from newtoki so, big ass watermarks).

I have many negative thoughts about that "I'm not wearing a corset" comment especially in a dress like that which needs structural support to keep its shape, even if they did mention it was loose fabrics. I mean she looks like the kind on muh-empowered female protagonist to not know you're supposed to wear a corset over what is essentially a bra that went down to her waist.
But I'll just put this video instead
https://youtu.be/zNwTqanp0Aw
@nikonekonya same

Users who are viewing this thread